Hello, hello. It’s officially August and the last few days of summer are here. Much to my dismay, these remaining days are going by all too quickly; there are too few of them left. However, the days themselves are still long and the heat and sunsets are drawn out. Afternoons fade into the night with a golden glow and an orange duskiness. These features were what inspired this look that I’ve put together for you today. It’s simple, it’s glowy, it’s bronzey, it’s gold. It’s everything about a warm summer night. It’s the Dog Days of Summer and they’re here for now.
- Starting with my base I’ve applied a mattifying primer to start and a silicone based one to smooth. If you want that extremely flawless face or have a lot of pores you can add the extra smoothing primer, but if you want to stick to the simpler side you can just use the mattifying one to keep oil and sweat at bay all through the day until the night. Now, my everyday Maybelline Fit Me matte is a bit on the lighter side for me right now, so I’ve mixed it with a bit of my Revlon Colorstay to make it darker, but unless you want to have a super longwearing time or lots of coverage, you can just stick with the Fit Me. I’ve also added a bit of this sample Lorac Tantilizer Bronzing Luminizer into the mix to add a bit of warmth and glow allover and prevent the face from becoming too matte.
- To start the eyes, I’ve applied my usual Urban Decay Primer Potion to prevent creasing and layered Maybelline’s Color Tattoo in Bold Gold to create a nice metallic base all over the lid.
- With a fluffy shadow brush, I swept Half Baked form my Naked 2 palette over the Bold Gold to set it into place and intensify the gold on the lid.
- Using a fluffy crease brush, I took this matte light orange, warm tan color from my Sonia Kashuk mattes palette to run through the crease, focusing on the outer corner and sweeping inward. Afterwards, I took a flesh toned color from the same palette and went over the orange to blend it out. I wanted no harsh lines and for this eye look to be very soft and diffused like a sunset.
- To add a bit more dimension, I took this shimmery copper shade, Chopper from the Naked 2 palette, and focused it at the outer third of the eye with a fluffy pencil brush. I wouldn’t suggest using a traditional, densely packed pencil brush in this situation because I want a very soft application to avoid too much harshness. If necessary, blend out the edges again with a matte flesh tone.
- I used my Pixi brow pencil to fill in my brows. Here I focused more on shaping them, rather than darkening them with the pencil end. I used the gel end to really multiply the hairs and give the brows a soft, full appearance. With the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlighting concealer I highlighted under the brow bone and under the eyes in a triangle shape. This concealer does not provide a ton of coverage, so if you have a lot of darkness under your eyes I would recommend applying your normal under eye concealer first.
- I couldn’t be bothered to actually curl my lashes this day and just used my Urban Decay Supercurl mascara to add a bit of lift to them instead. The “chaotic lash” is a trend at the moment but I took a softer approach to this by leaving the lashes at different lengths and slightly clumpy rather than extremely chunky and harsh. I layered my Maybelline Rocket mascara over the top and didn’t try to make lashes super perfect. Afterwards, I used this sample of Benefit’s They’re Real Pushup brown gel liner to create a thick, but short winged liner.
- Here’s the fun part that really seals the deal on this look. To keep the look soft (have I said that enough already?) I applied Laguna bronzer and warmed up the face rather than contouring, which gives a very defined look. Instead of blush, I applied the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light, which is a soft bronze highlight, to keep the look glowy. To add that extra J. Lo glow, I highlighted with Becca x Jaclyn Hill’s Champagne Pop for that #highlightonfleek. I love the cheeks for this look! It’s just so…. YAASSS (aka glowing from within).
- Finish it off with some lipgloss. This is MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam VI, which is a brown toned mauve with shimmer in it. Finally, top it off with finishing powder and setting spray.
That’s it! Here’s the final look. Please ignore, as Elle Fowler would say, this flyaway banana hair situation I have going on here.
This tutorial is actually the same makeup I was wearing in my previous post, How to Get Sexy Summer Legs, which I partnered with Influenster and Sally Hansen to bring to you. If you would like to see some more bronzey, glowy, goodness please check it out!
- Black Tank Crop Top- H&M
- Knitted Geometric Print Shorts- Urban Outfitters
- Sandals- Target
- Rope Trim Floppy Hat- Nordstrom (on sale now for their anniversary)
- Gold Circle Necklace- H&M
I love how radiant and flawless this is makeup look is. I feel like a bronzed goddess in these pictures! I never really use warm tones, so this is something new for me. I hope you enjoyed and try it out for yourself. If you do, be sure to tag me on social media using the links below! That’s it for this week and I’ll catch you next time!
All my love,