Hello all! So, by now you’ve either been in school for months or are right about to get started. Either way, you’re probably not getting much sleep which means not much time for getting ready in the morning. So whether you’re already preparing for midterms or just moving into your dorm, here’s five easy steps you can take for a quick but put-together and Fresh Face look to get you out the door! This look uses minimal tools and puts products to work double-duty in order to cut down on time. Let’s get started!
- For a quick base, I used the Smashbox Photofinish Water Primer to get things started. Just a few sprays and it only takes a few seconds, it’s the perfect product to get things done fast. Then, with a Beauty Blender, I applied Maybelline Fit Me foundation. This already has SPF 15 in the formula, so you don’t have to apply separate sun protection and the Beauty Blender I find is the quickest way to blend foundation.
- Concealing, highlighting, and priming the lids is next. First, I take the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealing pen and make a triangle shape under the eyes and apply all over the lid up to the brow, then blend it all in with your fingers. This highlights and conceals under the eyes, evens out the color on the eyelid and sculpts and highlights under the brows. Over the top, I use my finger to blend the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. This light shimmery white gold color brings a little light to the eyes and the cream texture acts as an eye primer. This only should take a minute or two since blending with your fingers and not using tools.
- Fill in the brows and apply mascara to frame the face and eyes. Adding this bit of darkness adds contrast and definition to the face. Since this is not a heavy eye look, I tend to fill in the brows more naturally so they aren’t too striking on the face. Here, I go for more of a rounded arch instead of an angular one to keep the brows soft, using my Pixi Natural Brow Duo. With my Maybelline The Rocket Mascara, I add a coat or two of mascara just to add some darkness and contrast to the eyes.
- With NARS Laguna Bronzer, I sculpt out the cheekbones and add warmth around the forehead and temples with a fluffy angled face brush. The shape is perfect for adding definition, but the soft bristles make blending easy and fast. Then, with an eyeshadow blending brush I ran some of the bronzer in the crease of the eye to add subtle definition. By using one product of a dual purpose, this easily cuts down on time getting ready.
- We’re doing double duty again with Jaclyn Hill + Becca Champagne Pop Highlighter. I run this over the tops of the cheekbones to really add a glow to the face and give the face a fresh look. I also take this over the Color Tattoo to set the cream base into place. To finish it off, use the Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water again to set the face.
That’s it! This takes about 10 minutes in total and you should be good to go. I use minimal products and tools and try to double duty products to make this as efficient as possible. However, if you have a little extra time, here’s a few quick tips to really complete the look.
6. If you have an extra second, swipe a tinted chapstick over the lips to add a bit of color and moisture. This is the Burt’s Bees Pomegranate chapstick. It you have another extra minute, powder the face to make sure the makeup stays in place all day and add a bit of blush to the cheeks to add some color to the face. If you want to double duty your products, you can use a lip and cheek stain to make things faster.
That’s it for this week! It’s a short and quick post just like this tutorial! I hope you found this tutorial helpful for getting ready as quickly as possible. It’s a great everyday look and super simple, making it easy for beginners as well! Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite product for getting ready quickly in the mornings.
All my love,