So we’ve miraculously and with great speed rounded third and are sliding into the home stretch of the year. It’s already December and I can’t believe it! I know I say it every month, but my lord the time flies, especially with each passing one. Honestly, I feel like we just started November! Anyhow, now that winter is officially upon us, it’s time to look back and see what I’ve been loving for the fall. So let’s jump into things!
- Too Cool For School Perfect Day Makeup Fixer— I hauled this from Sephora on my Instagram about a month ago and have loved it ever since. The mist is extremely fine & sprays very evenly. It settles makeup well and keeps my skin hydrated so that the foundation doesn’t appear dry or cracked. Also, props to the minimalist matte white packaging even though it gets dirty super fast– I still appreciate the aesthetic.
- Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadows– I picked up the entire collection of MUG shadows in the Foiled formula during a flash sale and have been LOVING them. They are incredibly pigmented and the selection of colors is fantastic! I loved using them in Halloween tutorials for some bright color options but the few neutrals in here are awesome as well; particularly, Grandstand which is a fab metallic taupey shade— great for all over the lid.
- Tartelette Palette– To supplement the vibrant MUG shades, I’ve been using this palette. Since all of the MUG shadows have a metallic finish, this palette of all neutral mattes is perfect for blending! The colors are also wonderful on their own for everyday and there is a great selection of various tones and shades. The packaging is stunning as well! Also, the mirror is great and the palette itself is very compact, making it great for travel!
- Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer– I love this thick and matte formula! I creates a silky smoothe base that shadows glide onto, but still locks them in place and increases their pigmentation. This tiny little sample has lasted so long, as a little bit goes a long way.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper– I’ve been loving a quick cat eye recently, (which you’ll see in my most worn look this fall below) and this makes it so easy. The brush tip as opposed to a felt one ensures that it doesn’t bend and stays pointy. Although it isn’t the blackest liner (but still very black), it stays in place for hours which is great for my lids that can occasionally get oily.
- Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Central Perk– First off, the name is gold (shoutout to all my other Friends lovers out there) and also it’s a part of the 90s collection Colourpop brought out. I’m a huge fan of the 90s so this brought back a ton of nostalgia for me. In fact, I used this in my 90s Inspired Tutorial this fall and this collection is where I found a lot of inspiration for it. The shade is also a gorgeous matte rich dark brown shade, with red and plummy undertones— great for adding smokiness or definition.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal mini– I also hauled this in my Sephora haul and despite it’s tiny size, I have found it quite handy. When I travelled to LA and had limited space since I only brought a carry on luggage, this was the perfect mini to take along. Also, it can be doubled as a shadow making it even better for for travel. The shade is much like its namesake- a cool to neutral toned silver shimmer and pinky reflect. It’s very beautiful, but also fairly light and much less intense than Champagne Pop. I wouldn’t call it natural, but I also wouldn’t describe it as “glowy” either; it’s a nice balance of shimmer and a more natural sheen.
I had so many lip favorites this time around, I decided to create a separate category.
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Vintage– I thought I’d be wearing more classic dark berry shades this fall, but have been opting for this more brown under-toned purple instead. The formula is very creamy and applies extremely opaque. It dries to a true matte finish and is slightly drying (but not uncomfortably so unless you have very sensitive lips). I used this in my Fall Lookbook and got so many compliments on it— it’s that stunning! The bulky packaging is not my favorite but I still would highly recommend if you are into dark lips. It’s a very unique vampy shade and I doubt anyone has anything like this already in their collection.
- Gerard Cosmetics 1995 Lipstick– I’ve talked about this so much on my Instagram and in my 90s Tutorial, I’m sure if you follow me there you probably already saw this coming. This is a lovely pinky mauve shade with just the slightest brown undertone. The finish is matte and it is pretty long wearing as well but when mixed with Grunge it lasts unbelievably longer. It’s great on it’s own, but I especially love mixing it with my next favorite.
- Cololurpop Grunge Lippie Stix– I’ve never been more excited about a lip combo. I discovered that mixing this with 1995 is the most beautiful mauvey brown shade when creating my 90s Tutorial and have been wearing it ever since. This on its own is a lovely true brown shade with a demi-matte finish. I find that Colourpop Lippie Stix are very moisturizing, but their matte finish is not a true matte— instead it is more of a shimmer-less finish and no added gloss. Nonetheless, still a wonderful color lippie.
- NYX Lip Liner in Plum– First off, I’m not much of a lip liner girl but I’ve been wearing many more darker colors recently and have found that wearing one prevents bleeding outside the lines and prolong the wear. This shade is the perfect cool dark red that can be paired with not only red lipsticks, but some berries as well since it has such a cool undertone. Essentially, it’s two liners in one! The formula is drier as is expected with liners, but it is still pretty smooth and doesn’t tug on the skin when applying.
- Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths– I know that I said I as cutting down on my use of wipes, but I had this mini size before I made that commitment and just re-fell in love with them. I keep these in my travel toiletries bag and forgot I had them until I went away for Thanksgiving. At the time, my skin was looking really dull and makeup wasn’t staying in place but after using these all of my problems were solved. These wipes have a bit of texture to them and are perfect for exfoliating on the go, especially when you have limited space for liquids like I did on this trip. Also, they contain tea tree oil for combating grease and acne, botanical AHAs to help chemically exfoliate in addition to the physical exfoliation, and eucalyptus for calming the skin. Also, I’ve had these open since the summer and they are still good and not dried out! The packaging re-seals which is perfect since you can’t exactly use all of these daily.
- OZ Naturals Retinol Serum– I wrote a review on this product, and although I was sent it I absolutely adore it. I have been having horrible battles with acne recently and this is the one product that has been helping reduce inflammation and redness in my skin. I truly see a difference when I use this product and it is such a steal compared to other similar products on the market. For a full review see here.
- ReWined Rosé Candle– I heard about these candles from Ingrid Nilsen on YouTube and was intrigued so I asked for one for my birthday. My best friend graciously gifted it to me and 7 months later I am still treasuring it. I burned it sparingly every once in while before, but in the last couple of months I’ve really been dedicated to this scent. It’s a nice light fruity scent with a slight warm floral undertone and smells divine. It’s not an overwhelming scent that fills the room like a B&BW candle, but it is more subtle. It burns for a very long time as well, much longer than a B&BW one. I also love the concept of this brand; they take recycled wine bottle and fill them with soy wax (burns longer and cleaner for fresher air!) and fragrance that are all wine themed. What more could a girl need?
- Real Techniques Brush Gel Cleanser– I have been on the search for a cost effective brush cleaner and stumbled upon this during a routine trip to Ulta. This cleanser is great for deep cleaning brushes and makes it extremely quick. It used to take me at least half an hour before, but now it only really takes 10-15 minutes! A little also goes a long way and I can usually clean 3 face brushes or 5 eye brushes with one squirt. It lathers well and quickly cleans out grime. The only downside I would say is that the packaging isn’t the easiest to get the product out of and when it does it dispenses a lot at once. Since you only need a minimal amount to clean, the dispensing system makes it easy to go overboard and put too much product on your brush and sometimes you can be rinsing out suds for a while.
This outfit & makeup has pretty much been my go-to all fall. Here’s the breakdown:
- Charlotte Russe Anorak with Detachable Faux Fur Olive Green Jacket– Since I moved backed home, I needed to upgrade my winter wardrobe as I was previously living in more mild temperatures. It has a hood which is perfect in case it starts to rain. This jacket is also lined and soft inside making it extra cozy. The silhouette is flattering and doesn’t make you look too bulky but still keeps things warm while remaining stylish. The pockets snap shut to keep things secure and it also zips and buttons. However, if you’re looking for a coat for the snow and such this won’t be warm enough.
- Old Navy Classic V-Neck Marled Sweater– The neckline allows you to layer collared shirts or wear necklaces but the material is thick and keeps you warm. The mixed color knit look is also on trend this season. The length also runs a bit longer which is great for pairing with leggings!
- Athleta High Rise Chaturanga Yoga Pants– These are by far my favorite pants ever. If I could live in yoga pants I would. I actually go to yoga classes at the Athleta store and since it was getting cooler I was in need of warmer workout pants. I was hesitant to buy such expensive pants, but they recently had a 40% off sale and I scored these! The fit is wonderful. I love that they come with a high waisted option, as I prefer that cut. Also, the material is super stretchy, comfy, and opaque so you don’t see anything through them! The real deal that gets me though, is if you go in store, they will take your measurements and alter the length for free! This is perfect since I am short and perpetually hemming my pants. After they are done, you can pick up in store or have them shipped- also free! This applies to pants in the clearance section too as I picked up another pair from the back because I loved these so much.
- Target Faux Leather Cut Out Slip Ons (similar)– These shoes are a great transitional piece from summer to fall. They keep your feet covered, the soles are waterproof (although I would caution against wearing them in heavy rain due to the cut outs) but can also allow them to breathe through the cut outs. If you would like to wear them as it gets cooler though, you can pair with black socks and it still looks so city chic! I love the effortless street style these give; although the style is simple, the details are refined. Finally, these are super comfy. I wore them walking around LA and didn’t get a single blister.
- House of Harlow 1960 Modern Revival Cuff in Hematite– I got this in my Rocksbox and am seriously debating on purchasing it to keep. It’s my favorite piece I’ve rented from them so far. The perfect mix of tough and glam. I love the simple geometric cut of the piece and the edgy yet pretty black rhinestone inlay detailing. The mini sparkly studs actually look like an uncut precious stone, a popular look in accessories at the moment. Also, I know you can’t see it, but there is some beautiful etching on the inside. I first heard of Rocksbox from Christina and used her code for a month free. If you would like to try your own first month of Rocksbox free use the code MEGANBFF762! (Not sponsored, I just get to share this with a few friends, first come first served!).
- Face of the Day– This is the makeup look I’ve been loving all fall! It’s my go to when I need something glam but don’t have the time to experiment. I used all of the products in makeup favorites for this taupe eye with shimmer just on the lid (MUG Grandstand) and lots of blended neutrals (Tartelette Palette). I’ve been pairing it with winged liner (Kat Von D), sculpted brows (NYX Micro Brow Pencil), and a heavy contour (Anastasia Contour Kit). Finally, I finish it off with a subtle shimmer highlight (Becca Opal) and my favorite lip combo (1995+Grunge).
- Favorite TV Shows– I’ve miraculously enough had little bits and pieces of spare time and/or the ability to have the TV on the background, that I’ve accumulated a bunch of new favorite shows (most of which I’ve finished all of the available episodes on Netflix for!). Most of these will probably be no surprise, if you follow me on Twitter (which if you aren’t, why not?).
- Scandal– I know everyone has been raving about this, but it’s pretty good. Against popular belief though, I don’t really get the hype or like ADORE Olivia Pope. I know, it’s blasphemy. Nonetheless, the storylines of behind the scenes political stuff is very intriguing and the tension really builds, always leaving you wondering “what’s next?”. I’ve finished all of the seasons on Netflix and can’t wait to see more.
- The Flash– Another cult favorite, I surprisingly got into this way more than I thought I would. I actually started watching some of the early/middle episodes with my roommates but wanted to see the beginning and end. The ending of season 1 was SO good, but it did get slower in the middle. Some of those middle episodes actually remind me a lot of Smallville, where the plot of the whole episode revolves around someone in the town afflicted by an accident and the super guy has to go save them. Nonetheless, the ending of season 1 left me itching for more!
- Hit RECord TV– I adore Joseph Gordon Levitt and have followed him on tumblr for a while now. This is his variety show where he collaborates with various artists, musicians, illustrators, designers, etc. to create each episode. Each one has a theme and he asks for submissions online, then puts them together in either a short (animated and/or live action with created backgrounds), song, or other creative format. I love that he allows normal people like you and me to be a part of the experience. If you are a creative type, I highly recommend checking it out and maybe even joining the Hit Record online community. You can get exposure for your art and maybe even have it featured in an episode! I’ve wandered around on it a little bit and have found it so inviting of creative people alike! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Season 2!
- Bob’s Burgers– Adult cartoons aren’t typically my thing but I saw my brother watching and episode and various screencaps on tumblr, that I finally decided to give it a go. This show is such a great, light-hearted comedy! Louise is my favorite character; she’s such a devious troublemaker and sassy, I love it! It isn’t super inappropriate or brash which I really appreciate. I enjoyed putting this on before bed, as I didn’t feel obligated to stay up and keep watching. Surprisingly, though, Season 4 ended with a dramatic cliffhanger, so I’m interested to see where that leads.
- Dawson’s Creek– I always wanted to watch this show but was never old enough to watch it when it was on air. Gilmore Girls left me feeling the need to watch more late 90s, early 2000s shows and this fit the bill! When I saw that Pop TV was bringing it back on air, I immediately set a timer on my DVR. I’m up to Season 4 or 5 now, I believe, and it’s all just so nostalgic to me. The teenage angst man, it gets me. Plus seeing little Katie Holmes & Michelle Williams is great.
- Music Favorites– Typically, I don’t share my music tastes with everyone as I am, I guess “protective” of it. I don’t know, something about sharing my music is weird because, to me, music is so personal and lyrics really touch me that it almost becomes very revealing to show people your favorite songs. However, these past few months I’ve stumbled upon some gems that I actually don’t mind sharing. Here they are:
- ILYSB by LANY– I actually discovered this song through a MarissaLace vlog where she went to Tahoe. Tahoe is a place I visit a lot with my friends and so I associate this song with happy summer nights. It is on playlist for my drive home from work, so that I canall the good times with my friends instead of all the horrible traffic on my 1 hour commute from work.
- You’re Such A by Hailee Steinfeld– Ever since she was in Pitch Perfect 2, I was genuinely impressed by her voice. My sister actually sent me this song to listen to; she really gets my music taste (besides the super indie stuff) and always finds songs she knows I would like. Anyway, this is such an uplifting and empowering song and it really lifts my spirits. I like listening to it in the morning to get me going either while I get ready, drive to work or school, or start my day at work. It’s just a really fun song to jam out to!
- Anything that Troye Sivan has dropped- I’ve followed Troye for a while and remember when everyone was freaking out about Happy Little Pill. Personally, that wasn’t my favorite— I liked The Fault in Our Stars the best. That is, until he dropped Wild. That EP was like my summer into fall anthem; I loved every single song on that EP! Then, he just dropped Blue Neighborhood and oh my god the feels. Along with the video trilogy he did to go along with it? I’m dying! Some of my favorites are Fools, Bite, Wild, and Youth. Talk me Down is good too, but makes me want to cry. Have you seen the music video? I felt dead inside after.
Alrighty, that’s a wrap for this week! I hope you enjoyed looking at few of my favorite things this fall. Let me know what you’ve been loving this month in a comment below or on social media using the following links!
All my love,