Hi folks! Welcome back!!! This is the first (actual beauty related) post that I have written in the new year, and once again I still can’t believe how fast the time has flown! We’re now in that awkward post-holiday slump and for me this time usually is just so “blah”. The weather is dreary, the festive cheer is boxed away, and it’s time to go back to school & work… Ew. That’s part of the reason that this post is coming to you late. Honestly, the January Blues have really affected me and I’ve felt so blah and unlike myself which I addressed in yesterday’s post.
However, with that being said this review is on a product that is the perfect pick-me-up during the January Blues. I’ve partnered with Brandbacker once again to give you my thoughts on an OZ Naturals Product (disclaimer here)— another eye product called their Ulta Ageless Eye Creme. The last review I did for them was on their Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel so I will also compare and contrast those two products here. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
- Formula- This texture is a silkier and more liquidy than the Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel. It is more of a cream-gel hybrid consistency rather than a traditional gel. It glides on smooth, even smoother than the Matrix 6. I feel like I prefer this formula better, although the differences are only minimal. It has the same tightening feeling while drying as the Matrix 6 though, and I’m not a super fan of it in either eye product. It’s more cooling than the Matrix 6 and a bit more tingly. 4/5
- Ingredients- Usually the complete list of ingredients is listed on the back, but it is not here this time. I’m not sure if that is because the complete list is found on the front, or what but what is here is really impressive. 4/5
- Matrixyl Synthe 6- a peptide that helps regulate cell activity and collagen production.
- Astaxanthin- a carotenoid that is found most commonly in fish and algae. It’s the pigment that gives salmon it’s pink color. This ingredient is an antioxidant that helps prevent free-radical damage to cells.
- Coffee Seed Extract- an antioxidant rich in Vitamin E and aids in anti-aging.
- Algae Extract-contain proteins, vitamin A, sugar, starch, vitamin B1, iron, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and calcium. Most of these are beneficial for skin, as emollients, anti-inflammatory agents, or antioxidants. The Algae protects and hydrates skin with vitamins and minerals, and provides wrinkle preventing properties.(source)
- Carrot Root Extract- rich in Vitamin A in the form of beta carotene which has effective anti-aging properties, acts as an anti-inflammatory, and has also been known to help reduce wrinkles, scarring and stretch marks.
- Vitamin E- another antioxidant and acts as protection from free-radicals when applied topically to the skin.
- Scent- The scent is a botanical minty smell. I have no opinion on this. 4.5/5
- Packaging- Not my favorite packaging in a tube; I think the Matrix 6 has better packaging. 2.5/5
- Effectiveness- I notice more moisture in the under eye area after using this. If I had more puffiness under my eyes, I feel like there would be a significant difference. i don’t think this affects darkness that much though. 4/5
- Contains 99% natural ingredients compared to the 84% in the Matrix 6.
- There is 1 fl. oz. of product here, which is pretty typical, but twice the amount than the Matrix 6.
- Cruelty Free
- Made in the USA
- This is one of their more expensive products with the original price being $40. It is on sale at $19.49 currently, though which is much more reasonable.
- The packaging is not my favorite, especially when it will eventually become emptier and harder to get out.
I prefer the Ultra Ageless to the Matrix 6 in all aspects except for the packaging. I think you get more money’s worth at the $19 price than the Matrix 6 as well. This is great for moisture and de-puffing, and of course nourishing the delicate undereye area to prevent aging. As for combating current wrinkles I cannot comment as I do not have that issue. This is not great for combating darkness though and I think you would have better luck with the Matrix 6 if you have severe dark circles. The ingredient content from what I can see is great, and I’m super impressed by the 99% Natural content. Overall, a super solid product and I would rate it 4/5.
I hope you found this review helpful and if you are interested in purchasing this product, you can do so on Amazon here. Also, if you interested in other OZ Naturals skincare you can check out the full range at oznaturals.com.
Finally, here’s a little roundup of other OZ Natural Products I’ve previously reviewed:
- OZ Naturals Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel
- OZ Naturals Retinol Serum Review
- OZ Naturals Age Defying Solar Shield Review
And here’s a roundup of other Eye Product Reviews I’ve done:
That’s a wrap for this week! Thanks for your patience as I’ve finally got back into the routine of blogging for the New Year. To keep up with me be sure to follow me on social media using the links below, and leave a comment letting me know what your favorite eye care product is. Thanks for reading & I’ll catch you soon!
All my love,
This post is powered by BrandBacker and follows all FTC guidelines.