I don’t know about you guys, but where I’m living at school right now spring has almost been nonexistent. It’s been much more “April Showers” than “May Flowers” as of late, with an unusual cold spell this spring. The reason I mention this, is because I have yet to truly bring out my pastels and rock them this season, which makes me pretty sad since spring is practically almost over. Despite this, here’s a little spring inspiration for you all.
- Nails Inc. The New Collection in Swan Street– The beauty community has been a buzz about this limited edition collection from Nails Inc. who have recently revamped their branding and packaging. This collection contains three off-white pastel colors that are perfect for spring. Of course, I gravitated towards this super light minty green color called Swan Street which looks like a sophisticated and refreshing wash of color, unique from the concentrated and bright mint colors from last spring.
- Stila Eyes Are the Window palette in Body– Everyone has been hyping up the neutral versions of these, especially the popular Soul version, however, I tire of neutrals easily and find that I don’t need more than a few neutral palettes in my collection. Also, since spring is here, I’ve been aching for a good pop of color and have found it difficult to find some good color eyeshadow palettes. There are a few, but since neutrals became popular with the launch of the Urban Decay Naked palettes, there is more luck finding individual color shadows. This palette is one of the few exceptions that I have found, although there are a few light neutrals, it seems to have the perfect mix of spring colors. Plus, the metallic packaging looks so luxurious!
- The Balm Mary Lou-minizer Highlighting Powder– This cult favorite has been on my wishlist for a while now. This highlighter is beloved by all, who claim that the shimmery golden glow that the product gives is the perfect amount of shimmer for everyday. The golden undertone is also perfect for giving a bit of warmth to the face for spring.
- Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stain in Honey– Thanks to Kylie Jenner, neutral mauvey colors have become popular for lips. This sheer wash of the color is the perfect way to introduce this trend to your makeup look. This product is nice and moisturizing as well.
- Colourpop Cosmetics In Bloom Collection– Colourpop is a brand known to collaborate with several Youtubers and beauty gurus. This particular collection was a collaboration with Jamie Greenberg who is a celebrity makeup artist whose clients include Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and Beth Behrs. She has a Youtube channel as well where she posted a video explaining her experience collaborating with Colourpop and why she named the products and created their formulas as she did. This kit contains 3 lippie stix, 2 blushes, and 1 highlighter. The kit is priced exactly as much as it would be for each individual product with $5 for each lip product and $8 for each cheek product. I find this kit to be worth it since there is so much variety within it. There is both a warm coral and cool pink blush and a pretty universal glowy, pearl highlight that leans towards the lighter side, so caution to those with darker skin tones. There is also a good mixture of different lip colors including a coral warm pink, bright red fuchsia pink, and cool bubblegum pink. The coral blush is a matte finish and the cool pink is a satin, and all of the lippie stix are a cream finish. You can see swatches on the Colourpop website. The name of this collection is perfect for spring as well, In Bloom!
Alrighty, I hope that you found so spring inspiration for your makeup collection no matter what weather you have where you live! Let me know what weather you’ve been having this spring in a comment below and be sure to follow me on social media to keep up with all my everyday happenings! I’ll catch you later!
All my love,