Hello, hello! It’s officially the end of summer, with much tragedy. I can’t believe how quickly this year is flying by! However, as it is the end of a season, I’ve once again accumulated a small collection of used up products that I’m here to share with you this week, but not as much as last time. This time around, my summer empties more resemble my spring favorites, and vice-versa, lengthwise. So, let’s get started!
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 300 Golden Beige for Oily Skin– It’s not a Megan Chronicles Empties post without a bottle of Revlon ColorStay. This time around I’m a bit darker, hence the summer tan shade. For sake of efficiency, I will refer you to my last empties post if you want to know my thoughts on this foundation.
- Maybelline FitMe Matte + Poreless Foundation in 220
- Likes- I had about three bottles of the original dewy formula in my last empties post, but I prefer this formula so much better! This works great for oily skin and has great medium coverage which can build up to full. I’ve tanned up about one shade so I finished this up at the beginning of summer. It’s a nice, lightweight alternative to a full face of makeup. In the summer I tend to use less of my Revlon ColorStay and opt for this instead. The price is also great since it is from the drugstore!
- Dislikes- The packaging is not my favorite as it is a pour top bottle instead of a pump, but at least it is glass instead of plastic.
- Conclusion- I have already repurchased a slightly darker shade of this. I will continue to repurchase this version of the FitMe foundation until I find something better.
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner
- Likes- I’ve used this product going on about 4-5 years now and for a while it was my go to liquid liner. It’s from the drugstore, it’s cheap, it’s long lasting, it’s super black.
- Dislikes- Although this is a great product, the packaging is once again not my favorite. It has a felt tip stylus that separates from the little well that holds the product. The felt tip can get smashed pretty easily and become blunt quickly, even before you are done using all of the product. This makes it rather difficult to create a winged liner as time goes on.
- Conclusion- This did it’s job for me for several years, however it is time I move on. I’m now currently using the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and I love the brush tip so far! I would recommend this product for anyone starting with liquid liner, however, as it is a bit easier to handle than a pen style liquid liner, especially for a beginner.
- EcoTools Blush Brush
- Likes- This also is from the drugstore, making it super affordable. The prices of these brushes makes it easy to build up a small collection of makeup tools to get you started. For more info on that, please refer to my post on the Basics for Face. The quality is great, for the drugstore, and the product is eco-conscious.
- Dislikes- This brush did not last as long as I had hoped for. Towards the end of its life, it ended up shedding a bunch. Also, the glue did not hold up in the ferrel very well after several washes. Overall, this brush lasted me about a year.
- Conclusion- I don’t think I would repurchase this particular brush, but I might try a different blush brush from EcoTools. I might chalk up this poor quality to a fluke as many of my other EcoTools brush that I have purchased at the same time are still holding up well. I would definitely recommend, though, for any beginner!
- Method Southern Peach Body Wash
- Likes- The scent of this is divine! It’s almost an equivalent to the Market Peach Bath and Body Work scent. Also from the drugstore, this is an affordable product. Method is also a more natural brand, making this product a little more gentle on the skin. It works to a nice lather and gets the job done. I love pairing this with my Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter after I get out of the shower!
- Dislikes- This packaging lets a lot of product out very quickly, so I would keep that in mind. Overall, no real complaints, except that this is a limited edition scent, so if you can still find it in stores at Target and you love peach or fruity scents, I would get your hands on it!
- Conclusion- Since this is limited edtion, I don’t think I can repurchase but after using this, I would be open to trying other Method body washes.
- Philosophy Bubbly Shower Gel– This product was gifted to me, just a note.
- Likes- This scent was a nice light and fruity scent, but I don’t love it. This product gets the job done and lathers well, but I don’t find it particularly outstanding.
- Dislikes- It’s nothing special, therefore I don’t find that the price tag to be worth it.
- Conclusion- I would not purchase this myself personally, however I would use it again if I was gifted it.
- Venus and Olay Violet Swirl Shave Gel
- Likes- This is my all time favorite shave gel. I love the gel to foam formula and the scent is delightful. It’s not too overwhelming and doesn’t linger after I’m done using it. I’m extremely prone to razor burn and this does the trick to keep red bumps and nicks at bay. Also, it is quite an affordable drugstore product.
- Dislikes- I have nothing bad to say about this product!
- Conclusion- Yes, I would repurchase!
- Lavender Sugar Scrub
- Likes- This was a simple and effective product. The lavender scent is nice and relaxing. I featured this product in my Sexy Summer Legs post.
- Dislikes- I got this product from a local craft fair so I can’t really find it online for you. Also, I don’t find this product to be particularly out of the ordinary as can you can easily make your own version with some sugar, olive oil, and lavender essential oil.
- Conclusion- I would not repurchase a similar product since it is extremely simple to create on your own.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
- Likes- This is a wonderfully rich and nourishing conditioner and hair mask. It is heavy but when rinsed out does not leave my hair weighed down or too oily. It leaves my hair feeling extra silky smooth when I need a pick me up. The natural macadamia nut oil is also a splendid ingredient.
- Dislikes- This product is on the pricey end at around $25 but a little goes a long way with this stuff. Also, you can usually find it at Nordstrom Rack at a discounted price! My product lasts me about 3-5 months depending on how often my hair is dry seasonally.
- Conclusion- I have continuously repurchased this product and will continue to until I find a better deep conditioner.
- Herbal Essences Naked Volume Shampoo
- Likes- This is a great cleansing shampoo and removes product build up very well. The grapefruit mint scent is wonderful. It lathers well and makes a great supplement to a haircare routine. The product is silicone, paraben, and dye free.
- Dislikes- This is an extremely cleansing shampoo, so I find it a bit too stripping to be suitable for everyday use. Other than that, I find it to be a great supplementary shampoo.
- Conclusion- Currently I have plenty of other extra cleansing options, so I would not repurchase this right away. However, maybe in the near future I might.
Sorry about the horrible highlights in these photos, but this was the best I could do 😦
- Jergens Natural Glow Mini
- Likes- If you are looking to get an easy summer glow, without the hassle of exfoliating, applying evenly, etc. this is a great place to start! It’s the perfect beginner gradual tanner and slowly builds up a casual glow over time. It doesn’t streak, it doesn’t take time, there’s no rinsing it off. You just put it one and go!
- Dislikes- Now, this is an old formula which had the scent of fake tan when applied, however it has since been reformulated with a new and improved scent which I much prefer.
- Conclusion- I have repurchased this product already and in this size. It’s perfect for travel and I only use this on an as needed basis on my arms and chest while I use my Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs on my lower half.
- Masque Bar Anti Blemish Mud Mask
- Likes- These are my favorite drugstore masks! You get a pack of 4 sachets in a box, however you can get almost two uses out of a single sachet, making these great for girl’s nights in when you can share with a friend. This is a Korean skincare inspired brand I believe, and if you’re a beauty girl you know that Korea has great face masks! This mask contains Kaolin clay which is a wonderful natural ingredient that really draws out impurities. Also, it is super affordable.
- Dislikes- The Kaolin clay is really intense so I would not recommend for sensitive skin. You need to follow up with an intense moisturizer to balance out the skin after.
- Conclusion- I have a giant stockpile of Maque Bar masks. They were on sale at half off at Target a while ago so I picked up several then! I’d be willing to try other masks from the drugstore or Ulta after I use up my stash, but I highly recommend these!
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes
- Likes- I know that in this post, I said I was cutting down on my wipes use, but for traveling I find that wipes are a must. It’s just so much easier! However, like the name suggests, this is a more natural product, so I figured that if I was using a wipe this would at least be better. In fact, the fibers are supposed to be 100% renewable. There are also no petrochemicals, sulfates, parabens, dyes, and phthalates in these wipes. These are said to have a 97% natural formula and bonus! have a wonderful green apple scent.
- Dislikes- Since these are Neutrogena wipes, I was hoping that the formula would be similar to their original makeup wipes in the blue packaging which I love. You’ll have seen them in my last empties post, but those wipes are probably the best ones I’ve used to remove makeup. The natural version is much drier in comparison to the original wipes and don’t perform as well as the originals either.
- Conclusion- I would repurchase for travel, but not everyday. I try to cut down on my wipe use so that I can be more eco-conscious, but these are pretty eco conscious themselves. However, if you aren’t concerned about this (which you probably should be), I would recommend the original wipes over these.
Funny story, actually, I originally had 3 candle empties to share with you but right as I was about to take pictures for this post, I dropped one of them! Of course… anyhow, all of these are Three Wick Candles from Bath & Body Works in various scents.
- Peach Bellini– (This is the one I broke)
- Likes- This is a nice peach plus something extra scent. It’s light and not too fruity since it is cut with that champagne note. There is also a bit of warmth to the fragrance making it a good scent to transition from summer to fall with. If you like fruity scents that aren’t purely fruit, this is the scent for you.
- Dislikes- I never really understood why candles are so expensive. It’s just wax and fragrance. For candles, these are priced reasonably, but I only really buy them when they are on sale.
- Conclusion- I had this scent for a while as I used up another one before this so I’m a bit burnt out (pun unintended, I realize now as I’m proofreading this) on it. It’s a good scent, but it’s not my favorite peach scent.
- Market Peach– This is my favorite peach scent!
- Likes- This is a phenomenal peach scent! (did you catch a theme with this empties post ;)? ) It just smells of pure peach, much like the Method body wash from before. It’s not quite as light and slightly floral as the Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter I mentioned in my Favorites Post.
- Dislikes- This candle seemed to burn at a much faster pace than other B&BW candles I’ve burned in the past. Also, I found that the wicks tended to burn and fall off in chunks and then sink into the melted wax. Other than this, I really enjoyed this scent.
- Conclusion- Yes, I would repurchase this scent, but maybe a different version of this candle. Bath and Body Works releases different versions of the same scent from different distributors (White Barn Candle Co. Bath & Body Works Home, etc.) This is a very summery scent, however, so I would wait until next year before I repurchase.
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Likes- As with the rest of these candles, the scent is amazing! It’s a wonderful blend of fruity and citrusy, but not too sweet. It’s also a great scent for the summer, and just encompasses the essence of summer smells.
- Dislikes- I have a similar problem with the wicks burning too quickly and falling off into the wax. I would recommend not burning too long and trimming the wick before lighting.
- Conclusion- I would repurchase this scent for the summer!
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser
- Likes- This cleanser is nice and gentle and would be great for sensitive skin! It’s a creamy formula and turns into a great lather once it makes contact with water.
- Dislikes- This was a bit too gentle for my skin, as I need something that removes more oil. This would suit normal, dry, and sensitive skin types much better. Also, the scent was not my favorite. It smells almost like porridge.
- Conclusion_ I got about 3 uses out of this product, so I feel like I used it enough to know that I wouldn’t purchase this for myself.
- Ahava Dead Sea Concentrate
- Likes- This had a pleasant scent and wasn’t too oily and greasy on the skin. In the morning I was left with a subtlest plumpness to the skin and definitely lives up to it’s name on the hydration front.
- Dislikes- It doesn’t absorb very fast so it won’t really work for mornings under makeup.
That’s a wrap on this week! Feel free to leave me a comment or follow me on my other social media as always!
All my love,
Instagram || Twitter || Google+ || Pinterest || Bloglovin’