Hello, hello! I’m so excited to bring you guys this week’s special review! Today, I’ve partnered with Brandbacker once again to give you guys my honest opinions on a skincare brand that is new to me. If you would like to see my last collaboration, with Brandback you can see it here.
Now, for the part that’s never fun but I have to get out of the way: If you’re a regular reader I hope by now you understand my intentions with working on collaborations. However, if you need a reminder or are a new reader, you can read a full disclaimer here. I do this redirect link for every sponsored post, not to hide anything, but for the sake of efficiency and not to sound like a broken record. However, I just want to be upfront and transparent with everyone who reads my blog.
With that said, here’s to being honest. I’m not a perfect human and I doubt that anyone out there is. This is something important to remember, always… You hear me? I also know that self-love is a hard thing to practice; it’s much easier to preach, let me tell you that I totally understand. However, we all have our own flaws that we’ve got to practice embracing. For me, personally, I’ve come to accept that not-so-fun things happen when your curves start to fill out as a woman. You get cellulite and stretch marks, and your hormones go crazy and do even crazier things to your skin. It’s not pretty, but it’s natural and it’s normal, and it’s a fact of life; maybe not for everyone, but this is a reality for most. With that said, it’s been awhile since I’ve gone through puberty, but it’s safe to say that I’m still dealing with the aftermath of that trainwreck.
This is where Body Merry comes in. Body Merry is a skincare brand dedicated to catering to the needs of plenty of people with their wide selection of skincare containing organic and natural ingredients while maintaining a budget friendly price. I’ve got to say, from my experience so far, that they don’t disappoint. You can purchase their products (anything from eye, facial, and body care) through their website bodymerry.com, or on Amazon. Right now, you can get 25% your first order if you purchase through their site, but if you buy from Amazon, you can get their products through Prime!
Alrighty, now for the goodies!
Cellulite Defense Gel-Cream
- Formula– The formula of this product is right in the title; it’s a gel-cream. This basically means that it’s a very lightweight consistency somewhere between jelly and butter. It absorbs quickly into the skin and isn’t greasy feeling. 4/5
- Ingredients– This contains a slew of organic and natural ingredients. Going through the label, i recognize plenty of them. To keep from repeating myself, I will say that the previous statement rings true for all of the products I’ve tried here. Most notably, however, this contains caffeine, seaweed, and retinol. Caffeine promotes circulation and is a known product for combating cellulite. The effects of it are debatable by experts, however. The seaweed has vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants which all contribute nourishing benefits. Retinol is also an antioxidant that is known for collagen production. 5/5
- Scent– This smells very much like caffeine with a little botanical scent that I think is from the seaweed. It is not a strong or overwhelming scent, but it does linger for a bit. 3.5/5
- Packaging– This is where I have something of an opinion. The packaging is plastic with a single, simple label wrapped around the tub. (I don’t mind that it’s in a tub but I know that some people do.) I will say that the plastic isn’t extremely great. It’s not cheap, but it’s definitely not luxurious. However, I understand that this is done to keep costs down, which I appreciate. At the end of the day, the quality of the product is what matters most, but a little visual aesthetic never hurts either. 3/5
- Effectiveness– I’ve only been able to use this for a week, but I’ve noticed a slight difference. The area of application is slightly firmer, but I haven’t seen very many visual changes with actual cellulite. However, when it comes to cellulite, the appearance of it typically isn’t affected without actually targeting the fat cells. Caffeine can reduce their size over time, but not necessarily the dimples in the skin which are caused by muscle pattern. Also, following application there is a definite tingling sensation that’s almost satisfying, like minty shampoo for your skin. 4/5
- The price of this product is $17.99 which is pretty affordable compared to other cellulite creams that start around at least $25.
- You get a decent amount of product here at 4 oz. With these types of products it really varies on the amount you get, but I would say that this is a good amount for the price ($18).
- This product is not tested on animals and is made in the USA.
- The fragrance does linger, so you may not want to use this during the day, as it is recommended, if you don’t want to smell like caffeine during the day.
- The packaging isn’t my favorite, but it isn’t atrocious.
Stretch Marks and Scars Defense Cream
- Formula– This is a very nourishing cream. It is on the thicker side, but the whipped texture gives it an airy feeling. It absorbs easily and doesn’t leave any greasy residue after. It is similar to the consistency of a Body Shop Body Butter. 5/5
- Ingredients– This product also contains a slew of organic and natural ingredients including organic cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamins B3, B5, E & C. The cocoa and shea butters provide an intense nourishment to the skin. 5/5
- Scent– This smells divine and so decadent! It smells exactly like chocolate and honestly, I almost want to eat it. To be honest, you probably could with all of the natural ingredients. When I apply this I always think of this and it reminds me of a Friends episode, haha. If you know which one I’m talking about, leave me a comment below! 5/5
- Packaging– Again, packaging isn’t the strong suit of this brand, but it is suitable and understandable. This product comes in the same type of tub with a single label. It isn’t super great for travel, but it is easy to de-pot from this container. 3/5
- Effectiveness– Once again, I’ve only been using this for a week, so I can’t give you a definite answer, as this is the type of product that really takes time to work. However, I can say that there has been a slight difference in the fading of my stretch marks. It hasn’t completely healed them, or evened them out, but it has made them slightly less prominent. I will give you an update once I’ve used this for longer, but so far I love it! 4/5
- This is also a prevention cream, and I could see this being great for pregnancies and even men who are working on body building.
- You also get 4 oz of product here, which I would claim is a decent amount, for $18. Also, a little goes a long way.
- Also not tested on animals and made in America.
- Once again, the packaging isn’t fabulous, but it is fine. It’s really the only thing I can find at fault with this product, though , and even this is a stretch!
Day-to-Night Eye Gel
- Formula– This is a pure gel and it’s a lightweight jelly consistency. It’s very cooling and soothing and also absorbs quickly like the rest of the products. The weightless texture makes it great for both day and night like the name suggests as it can easily be worn under makeup since it is so light. 4/5
- Ingredients– This contains cucumber, hyaluronic acid, Matrixyl 3000, MSM Peptides, plant stem cells, silk proteins, and vitamins C & E. The cucumber is soothing and cooling. The hyaluronic acid is a hydrator and helps with the turnover of new skin cells. Matrixyl 3000 and MSM are peptides. Peptides are found in amino acids and are the molecular links that help produce collagen production. The stem cells and silk protein have antioxidant benefits and the vitamins provide brightness and skin repair benefits. 5/5
- Scent– This smells like cucumber and is a very light scent that disappears very quickly, so it doesn’t linger. It’s non-offensive and not strong. 4/5
- Packaging– The packaging is once again plastic. It has a pump top which I like, however my particular container is a bit difficult to pump. I’m not sure if this is a problem for all of the bottles, or just something that I’ve come across with my particular sample. It seems that the pump doesn’t sit quite level and so one end ends up coming up further and it needs to be pushed down at a certain angle to depress it all the way. It’s not something that is hard to deal with, but it is something to note. Once again, I will stress that the quality of the product far outweighs the packaging and this is done to make the product affordable, so it’s a bit of a Catch-22. 3/5
- Effectiveness– I don’t particularly struggle with too much darkness or puffiness under my eyes, however I find this very soothing. Also, I’ve had a bit of allergies recently and this has done great things for my eye area in terms of reducing swelling and calming the skin. 4/5
- The ingredients are well worth the price and so, so beneficial.
- I find the price to be extremely worth it since you get 1.7 fl oz of product. The eye gel I was previously using before this cost $11 for .5 oz while this is only $5 more for more than double the product!
- Not tested on animals and made in the United States.
- I don’t particularly like the packaging, but that’s the only thing I can find at fault with these products. The actual quality of the skincare is phenomenal and almost discredits this fact.
Overall, I really enjoy using these products. They fit in well with my nightly routine. However, I can only really see myself using the eye gel in the morning. The ingredients in these products are phenomenal and I can’t believe how many great things that these skincare items contain, and at such a low cost! They also have a large selection of products that are quite unique including firming neck cream and several specialty serums that are similarly affordable. I look forward to seeing the results with continued use of these products and I would highly recommend checking out this brand.
That’s all for this week. Thanks for giving this a read and be sure to leave me a comment below or on social media using the following links. What products would you try from Body Merry and what is your holy grail skincare ingredient? Personally I’ve had a lot of luck with hyaluronic acid so far!
All my love,
Instagram || Twitter || Google+ || Pinterest || Bloglovin’
This post is powered by Brandbacker
2 Replies to “Product Review: Body Merry Skincare | ad”