Hello, hello! Happy November! Can you believe another month has gone by?! And on top of that, we’re almost done with 2015! Eeeek! November is a special month to me because I finally sat down and decided to launch myself into the blogosphere a year ago, and boy it’s been a crazy ride. 2015 has been one of the most challenging years for me yet, but through it all I managed to maintain my love and drive for blogging. I can’t believe how far I’ve come, and since it is the month of Thanksgiving coming up here in America, I want to take a quick second to thank everyone who has supported me so far. Thank YOU for making this all possible! November 16 is the official anniversary for my blog, so look out for an even more emotional post next week. (Just kidding… maybe.)
Alright, enough with the sappy stuff. So, this week I have for you another eye gel review. Another one? Yes.
Now, I went back and forth over if I was going to review this product or not, especially because I have been reviewing a lot of eye care products recently and also because I’ve been reviewing the brand OZ Naturals pretty frequently as well. However, I justified it because I wanted to be able to recommend an eye gel for every budget, and this one came in at the mid range unlike my last two, which were at the lower (Body Merry) and higher ends (Solvaderm Eyevage) of the spectrum. Also, if it wasn’t for blogging , I would have never come across the brand OZ Naturals and come to love their products as much as I have. I genuinely enjoy what I’ve sampled from this brand so far and am excited to try more from them in the future! If, that wasn’t enough of an explanation for you, though, here’s my general disclaimer on working with brands.
Alright, let’s get to the review, already, shall we?
- Formula- The Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel is a clear eye gel, with a jelly like consistency. It is extremely silky, almost to the point of feeling like a silicone primer. It glides on easily with no pulling or tugging to needed to blend in. It doesn’t absorb super fast, though, and you can definitely feel it sitting on the skin for a few minutes. It is slight ly cooling, but not as refreshing as I hoped it would be. 4/5
- Ingredients- As always, I’m super impressed with the simplicity and quality of ingredients in OZ Naturals products. The most active ingredients include:
- Matrixyl Synthe 6- a peptide that helps regulate cell activity and collagen production.
- Haloxyl- an anti-inflammatory ingredient used for the treatment of dark circles over time.
- Caffeine- an ingredient used to reduce puffiness.
The last two ingredients include hyaluronic acid (which I’ve frequently mentioned and praised for it’s moisturizing and anti-aging qualities) and Apple Stem Cells which help repair cells and is derived from plant bases instead of animals- making this product cruelty free! This Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel also scores a 1 from the average ingredient scores on the ewg database, making this a little to no risk product! 5/5
- Scent- There is a faint botanical scent. It starts off pretty noticeable, but quickly fades away. Nothing special, or irritating, though. 4.5/5
- Packaging- This product comes in a plastic package with a simple pump top. I appreciate the pump, as it keeps it hygienic as opposed to dipping your finger into a pot. The plastic is also opaque which prevents light from altering the chemical makeup of the hyaluronic acid. However, it’s nothing special, eye catching or even great quality. I notice that OZ Naturals has a tendency to have simpler and functional packaging, most likely in order to keep retail costs down. It’s not my favorite, but it gets the job done. 3/5
- Effectiveness- I’ve been having darker circles than normal lately (thanks, midterms), so I really wanted to put this to the test. Usually, I just use an eye gel to moisturize my under eye area, however, I’ve been needing a little more TLC in that department recently. I find that the process of reducing darkness is slow with the Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel, however, it keeps any new darkness from appearing. I definitely think that this product needs at least a few weeks to start seeing significant results. For significant dark circles, I would not recommend this, but if you have mild to medium darkness, this is probably effective enough for you. Also keep in mind that skincare works differently for everyone, and this is just my experience. It’s really hard to judge effectiveness due to this. 3.5/5
- According the packaging, this product contains 84.2% natural ingredients and is cruelty free!
- The simple and effective ingredients remains impressive to me. I can’t believe that there is nothing but good stuff in the Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel, let alone most of the OZ Naturals products.
- According to the directions, this can also be used as anti-aging treatment all over the face as well and is light enough to wear under makeup. Since the texture is so silicone-y I would be curious to see how effective this would be as a primer.
- Usually listed at $37.95 and sold on Amazon for $21.49, this is not the most expensive eye cream ever, but it is pricier than I would have expected. I don’t think it’s overpriced, as there are certainly way more expensive products with less natural or quality ingredients, but it is something to consider. However, Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel is on sale for $19.95 right now, which I think is a fair price!
- The only other concern I have with the Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel, is the amount of product you get. There is only .5 fl oz of product here which is at the lower amount of content that typically comes with eye products. This is slightly disappointing, especially because of the price. However, I can see the size being great for travel, or for wanting to dip your toes into upgrade your eye care.
- The packaging isn’t outstanding, but understandable.
Overall, I think this is a fair eye care product. The Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel has outstanding ingredient content, sourced from natural and cruelty free origins. The price is a little high in comparison to the amount of product you get, however you only need a small amount for each application. I haven’t seen significant enough results to know if I would repurchase this product after I finished it, but I can definitely say that this is not my Holy Grail eye cream yet and will keep searching. It is not my favorite OZ Naturals product, but I say if you are looking for an upgrade from a basic eye cream, this would be a good place to start before going straight to luxury pricing. Also, if you need something more potent than a simple beginenr eye care product this would be good for you!
If you would like to purchase, you can do so on Amazon (Matrix 6 Mega Bright Eye Gel is also eligible for Prime shipping!) and if you interested in other OZ Naturals skincare you can check out the full range at oznaturals.com. I also have reviews of some of their other products here:
If you would also like to research other eye care options I have reviews on budget and luxury options here:
That’s it for this week! I hope you found this review helpful in finding skincare that will work for you, or at least informative! Skincare is so personal, and I encourage you to do plenty of research on what will work for your skincare needs to make an informative decision. I hope this review gave you enough insight to figure out what you are looking for in your skincare routine! Until next week-
All my love,
This post is powered by BrandBacker and follows all FTC guidelines.