How is it already only a handful of days until it’s Christmas?! The time just seems to be flying by! Anyhow, since it is that time of year, I wanted to put together a few looks that could help you out for any upcoming event you may have marked on your calendar. So, let’s just get right to it, shall we?
(Note: Not all products have available links, as they are unavailable, so I apologize. Also, I’m sorry for the inconsistent lighting and angles in my photography; I’ve been traveling and I’m still trying to find a solution that works for me as well, so please bear with me.)
Look number one is perfect for a pop of color, without being overdone. I used rose gold neutrals to switch it up from the usual browns and taupes and paired it with a vibrant flash of jade to channel Christmas colors, without being overtly obvious. This look is perfect for any casual party with friends or co-worker as it is fun, but ultimately not overwhelming and it can also be dressed up or down.
- Eyes: Naked 3 palette
- Lid- “Dust”
- Outer crease- “Liar”
- Inner crease- “Trick”
- Top liner: Skinny winged liquid liner
- Bottom liner: Sephora teal pencil liner
- Cheeks: Mixture of MAC “Blushbaby” & Sleek Cosmetics “Rose Gold”
- Highlight: Forever 21 “Rose Gold” Liquid Luminizer mixed into foundation & Hourglass “Radiant Light”
- Lips: Urban Decay Lip Junkie Gloss “Streak”
- Nails: Sally Hansen Insta Dry “Jumping Jade”
- Necklace: Charming Charlie’s White & Rose gold statement necklace
Look number two is a bit more dramatic and bold with metallic accents contrasting with dark color elements. I put together a gold smokey eye to add a bit of sparkle and matched it with a plum lip color and purple metallic liner to vamp up the look and a bit of “va-va-voom”. This look would work great for a cocktail party or catch up dinner with friends from home since the hint of sparkle adds an air of playfulness while the bold lip adds a dark, dramatic element that is perfect for an evening event.
- Eyes: Mally Citychick Celebration palette
- Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil “Vice”
- Cheeks: NYX “Rose Garden”
- Highlight: Buxom Goddess Luminizer
- Lips: Covergirl Lip Perfection “360 Euphoria”
- Nails: OPI for Sephora “Looks Like Rain, Dear”
- Hat: Target Knit Beanie
- Necklace: Forever 21 3 Gem Charm dainty necklace
Finally, look number three is utterly classic, channeling a retro vibe. I used neutral matte eyeshadows to create a simple eye look that would act as a nice canvas for the heavy winged liner and fluttery false lashes I applied. I finished with a rosy cheek (it looks like just like Jack Frost has been nipping at your nose) and a timeless red statement lip that happens to be perfectly fitting for Christmas. This look is an all-around staple that could be worn to any function, but I find it most suitable for Christmas day itself. The quintessential elements of the makeup pair perfectly with the tradition of Christmas for the holiday season.
- Eyes: Sonia Kashuk Mattes
- Lid- Lightest cream color (top left)
- Crease- Taupe (bottom left)
- Blend- Medium brown (second row right)
- Top Liner: Heavy liquid liner cat eye
- Bottom Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil “Demolition”
- Lashes: Ardell Glamour 106
- Cheeks: Tarte Amazonian Clay blush “Natural Beauty”
- Lips: Covergirl Lip Perfection “305 Hot”
- Nails: Julep “Lorenzana”
- Necklace: H&M Circle delicate necklace
I hope you found these mini tutorials helpful and you try them this holiday season! If you do, be sure to tag me on social media: @chroniclesofmegan on Instagram & @meganchronicles on twitter; I’d love to see them! Happy Holidays & I’ll catch you later!
All my love,