Hello, hello! Happy Hump Day! I’m back with another Wednesday post in my effort to start putting up more content. Instead of the usual Wishlist Wednesday (although only one of those posts has been made so far), I am going to be posting about some relatively time-sensitive content. If you have been following me on social media (links are always down below!), you’ll have an idea about the exciting things I am about to talk about. These past few weeks, a few big things have happened for the blog, for which I am truly honored and cannot fully express my gratitude for.
Firstly, and probably the biggest announcement, is that Michael Todd has been kind enough to feature my review of their Charcoal Detox cleanser on their website as well as put up an Instagram post of my original photography and mention on their Facebook page! I am truly thankful for their acknowledgement of my blog, as I feel like I have just started up and that hardly anyone has seen my work since I have such a small presence on the internet. I never reached out to them or asked anything from them and so I was completely floored to find that Michael Todd had done such a kind-hearted thing, which I wouldn’t have even found out about if someone had not clicked on their link so that I could see the reference on my stats page. I know I’ve said it before, but thanks a million Michael Todd!
Next up, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, and not only once but three times! WOW! Since I have been nominated a few times, I have heard different variations of the rules, but the basic gist is that the Liebster Award is a blogger nominated award which goes to other bloggers who have under a certain number of followers. One version I was nominated for was under 200, and another under 1000. Anyhow, Liebster in German, means “dearest” which I find only fitting since the purpose of this award is to spread some blogger love and recognition to those who are just getting started in the blogosphere. In addition, the award comes with a few rules which go as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the nominator
3. Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 new questions for nominees to answer
5. Notify nominees through social media/blogs
Now, with formalities aside, let’s get started!
A huge thanks to Emily from E for Emily, Amaal from Amora and Marie from Marie Islander! Thank you all for your nominations, I am truly honored!
- When people ask you to, “Tell me about yourself.”, what do you say?
- “Hi, I’m Megan. I’m a graphic design student. I love photography, fonts, food, fashion and coffee. And pandas.”
- What is the most important thing in your life?
- My family and my loved ones and the people in my life.
- What is your favorite holiday?
- This is a cliché, but I’d have to say Christmas. It’s always such a magical season, without fail. The family, friends, food, gifts, and traditions always guarantee a wonderful holiday.
- Who is your favorite music artist?
- When it comes to music, or any decision really, I have such a difficult time making a choice. I like many artists for individual reasons that could go on endlessly, but if I had to make a snap decision I could limit it to three artists: Justin Timberlake, The Paper Kites, and The Beatles, two which I have seen in concert.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Once again, I hate decisions. I want to see the world and have a serious case of wanderlust. My top picks would have to be Europe or Southeast Asia, when it comes down to it, though.
- What is the most essential item in your closet?
- I would have to say an LBD. I have a few couple in mind while writing this, but the best ones I find have casual cuts to their structure but small details which can be enhanced by dressing up or dressed down with a cardigan. They’re easy and versatile.
- Did you go/are you currently in College? Why or why not?
- Currently I am in my second year of college as a graphic design major. I went to college to make connections and build up a portfolio.
- Favorite place to shop?
- Ideally, I’d love to say Anthropologie but I have yet to buy an item of clothing as I can’t afford it. I shop a lot at Urban Outfitters, H&M, and Nordstrom.
- Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging because I’ve always dabbled with the thought of it and decided to finally take the jump. If you’d like to know more, my first post was on this very subject.
- Looking back to a year ago today, is your life how you expected it would be?
- To be honest, a year ago I didn’t have any idea what the future would hold. I wouldn’t have pictured myself following through with blogging, though, and I definitely thought I’d have more of my life figured out.
- What are the most important things you would like to accomplish in your life?
- I’d like to have a solid career and a beautiful home that I can share with my loved ones. I want to travel the world and have many cultural experiences.
- What is the best compliment you have received?
- Since starting this blog, my favorite compliments have been about my work for it. I appreciate my family and friends and even other internet humans who recognize me for my work and accomplishments.
- What is your perfect pizza?
- In a perfect world, I would have a pizza that had a slice of every type of pizza I like, which is many. I am a fan of combination, bacon with pineapple (or anything, really), chicken with mushrooms and white sauce, the CPK BBQ, and chicken margherita with pesto.
- What would be your dream holiday destination?
- If I had all the time in the world, I wish that I could backpack through Europe, then catch a cruise through the Mediterranean, and finally do some island hopping in Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
- What type of music do you love listening to?
- I’m an avid indie band lover but I’ve recently been getting back into pop since it has been sampling from those indie sounds and some R&B. I also love the classics, Sinatra and the like, classic 60s rock and motown, 70s oldies but goodies, Michael Jackson and friends, and all my childhood 90s and 00s pop favorites.
- What do you do in your free time?
- Sleep, Netflix, eat, repeat. I also waste time on the internet and try to get out and adventure as much as possible whether hanging with friends or taking hikes or trips to the beach.
- Who do you look up to for inspiration?
- My parents, YouTubers, Audrey Hepburn, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift- strong independent women.
- What cheers you up?
- Good vibes, whether it’s some alone time binge watching and/or eating or spending time with some good company.
- What did you do for your latest birthday?
- My last birthday I was here at school and I celebrated with my roommates. We had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, dessert at the local ice cream parlor and spent some time in the downtown area.
- If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be?
- Either Bey or Tay for a girl’s hangout. Or JT for a private concert.
- What was the last movie you watched?
- My roommates and I had a night in where we marathoned movies and put together a super hero puzzle a few weekends ago. We watched X-Men: The Last Stand, Sherlock Holmes, Princess & the Frog, and Pitch Perfect.
- What do you love blogging about most?
- My favorite blog posts are tutorials. I love trying to come up with a look and experiment with new techniques and products.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- I wanted my blog not only to be about the beauty, but also as serve as a snapshot of my life right now. I wanted to look back and see a documentation of how I lived. There’s more on this in my About Me page.
- Why did you start your blog?
- See question 9 from Emily
- What do you love most about blogging?
- I love the feedback that I get and the interaction and reactions of it all. Honestly, looking at stats is one of my favorite things.
- What is the most ridiculous but very cool fashion trend you have ever participated in?
- This jumpsuit is one of the more trendy and out there pieces I own.
- What’s one goal you wish to accomplish this year?
- I want to get my health in order. I know everyone says it, but I mean it. And I don’t mean just the eating healthy and working out and drinking more water and flossing but the mental health too. Last year was one of the most stressful years of my life that really took a toll on me. I want to start being better about keeping that in check and having a better sleep schedule.
- How would you describe your personal style?
- I would say “classic with a twist”. I like simple and versatile cuts and styles with details that are trendy and cute.
- What is your favorite social media site?
- For my internet personality I like Instagram for it’s connectivity but for my personal uses, my first love was tumblr.
- Spring or Fall fashion?
- I usually say spring but in recent months I’ve been gravitating towards fall styles. I like the warmth and coziness of it and have really been loving the dark, vampy lip lately.
- If you could choose one store to shop at the rest of your life what would it be?
- Hands down Target. I’m addicted and it’s my crack. It literally has everything you would ever need and then some, since I always seem to walk out of there with things I never intended on buying in the first place,
- What is one fear you would like to conquer?
- The fear of missing out. Not gonna lie, I FOMO from time to time but I really have started to learn about the importance of appreciating the present and being in the moment.
- Ella from A Polar Affliction– she is a dear friend of mine and just starting up her blog!
- Sam from The Perfection of Reflection
- Brig from My Life as Brig
- Jenna from Jenna Loves Beauty
- The Beautified Blogger
My questions for you:
- If you were a beauty product (lipstick, blush, etc.) what product would you be?
- What are your Top 5 favorite songs?
- Who are your role models?
- What are your guilty pleasures?
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What trend are you interested in but too scared to try?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your star sign? Do you believe in horoscopes?
- Would you rather have unlimited time or unlimited money?
- What are your favorite foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert & snack?
All my love,
Connect with me!
Instagram || Twitter || Google+ || Pinterest || Bloglovin’
4 Replies to “Midweek Mini-post: Liebster Award & other announcements”
A massive congrats for your review being featured by Michael Todd! And I also loved reading through all your Liebster Award question answers!
Love, Adela xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much!!! xx