Hey, all! Happy Valentine’s Day weekend to you, and if you happen to hail from the States like me, I hope you’re enjoying your long weekends! Besides simply being appropriate with a holiday all about puckering up being today, this week I wanted to bring you another Trending Now piece as the spring season is just around the corner. Although I’ve sported a few of these products in previous posts before, (here, here & here), this beloved berry lip look is the perfect transition from the vampy shades of winter into the warmer, brighter days right around the corner. So, without further ado, here’s my top berry lip products!
First up is this lipstick from Covergirl in the shade 360 Euphoria. It is the shade I am wearing in the header photo and also in my Holiday Tutorial (look #2). It would be perfect for a classic-with-a-twist type of look.
- Color Description: This color is a blue-toned, rich raspberry shade, leaning more towards red than purple. 4/5
- Formula/Finish: This is a medium coverage color with a slight gloss finish. It can be slightly drying if you do not moisturize before. Not my favorite, but workable. 3.5/5
- Color Payoff/ Pigmentation: The pigment of this lipstick is quite good, and leaves a slight stain to the lips. 4/5
- Longevity: Euphoria wears for a solid 3-4 hours. It definitely needs touch ups, especially after eating and drinking. 3/5
- Packaging: This lipstick comes in the classic twist up bullet form in a plastic square tube. The bottom is meant to be “see through” of sorts to reveal the color, however I don’t find it to be an accurate representation of the color. 2.5/5
- Color Description: A bright, extremely cool-toned magenta color, with light flecks of shimmer. 3.5/5
- Formula/Finish: HD Iris is extremely glossy and quite sheer, but moisturizes the lips quite well. 3.5/5
- Color Payoff/ Pigmentation: The color is slightly intense at first, but very quickly sheers out upon application. It does not stain the lips, but may leave a slight tint if your lips are light. 3.5/5
- Longevity: This lipstick lasts maybe an hour or two and needs regular touch ups throughout the day. There is definite transfer during eating and drinking as well. 2/5
- Packaging: Euphoria comes in a twist-up metal tube with a clear plastic cap. The tube itself is quite luxurious feeling, but the cap is quite dinky, however is convenient for seeing the color inside. The bullet itself, is too perfectly cylindrical, making the tip too wide and circular and difficult to apply neatly, as there is no narrow portion to handle the contours of the lips well. 2/5
Next up is another product from Revlon. This is their ColorStay Moisture Stain in 005 Parisian Passion. I sported this color in my last Trending Now post. This color is perfect for a date night or special event.
- Color Description: A deep, purple-toned burgundy shade. 5/5
- Formula/Finish: This is a unique product for it’s glossy shade and intense lip stain quality. I would call it the lip gloss version of a liquid lipstick, if that makes sense. 5/5
- Color Payoff/ Pigmentation: The color payoff for this is phenomenal. The color is deep and rich and stays pretty intense throughout wear. 4.5/5
- Longevity: I can get a good 5-7 hours out of this baby, including eating and drinking. There is little transfer, except for the occasional amount of gloss during eating and drinking. The lips remain stained for up to 7 hours, however, without re-application. Although, if you would still like the glossy effect throughout the day, touch-ups would be necessary. 4/5
- Packaging: Parisian Passion comes in a square tube with a screw-off top. The top houses the doe-foot applicator wand. I particularly enjoy the unique tear-drop shape of this doe-foot for it’s tapered tip which makes application very easy, especially for the tight corners around the mouth. 4/5
Lastly, this is Aubergine by Bite Beauty. This color is the first lip product I have from this company, and I love it so far! This shade would be perfect for a long night out on the town!
- Color Description: A lush dark purple, with red-undertones. 4/5
- Formula/Finish: This is a true matte finish and formula and is absolutely lovely and quite velvety. 4.5/5
- Color Payoff/ Pigmentation: The color of this is intensely rich and extremely opaque. 5/5
- Longevity: This shade lasts for 8 hours or more, even through eating and drinking. It’s perfect for a night out since it’s matte texture allows it to have minimum transfer and maximum staying-time. 5/5
- Packaging: Aubergine is a crayon stick type applicator. The thin, tapered shape and size of the bullet allows for very precise application. 5/5
And there you have it! There are my top picks for berry lips and I hope you found some inspiration for a lippie to try this Valentine’s Day! Have a great one, and don’t forget to tell someone you love them today!
All my love,
Connect with me!