Hey there, everyone! I’m back with another product comparison featuring a potential dupe for one of the industry’s favorites. This week I’m pitting Sleek’s Rose Gold blush against the ever-popular Nars Orgasm. These shades are pinky-peach colors with gold flecks of sparkle, and pretty universal and suitable for most skin tones. So, let’s get started! First up, we have the coveted Orgasm from Nars. Nars is a popular brand for it’s iconic colors, modern and sleek packaging, and raunchy names. This cult favorite is hyped up for good reason. As you can tell, mine is well loved and I’ve even hit pan.
- Color Description: Orgasm is a peach under-toned coral color with gold sparkle. It is quite a warm color. 4/5
- Formula/Finish: A shimmer finish, meant to be worn without a highlight. The texture applies smoothly with little effort. 3.5/5
- Color Payoff/Pigmentation: This color has wonderful payoff and needn’t a heavy hand to apply. 4.5/5
- Longevity: Orgasm lasts throughout a regular work or school day, about 5-6 hours. 4/5
- Packaging: This particular version I have is from a travel-sized duo with Laguna bronzer on the other side, and is quite handy for it’s size. The packaging has an excellent quality mirror and is pretty sleek, however not as compact as the Sleek blush and the material gets dirty easily. 3/5
- A universally flattering color for most skin tones.
- A favorite among the beauty community.
- Lasts a long time, as a little goes a long way.
- Contains talc, which is a possible carcinogen or allergen.
- Only contains .16 oz of product in the full size, yet the travel duo contains .17 oz of product.
- Quite expensive at $30 for a full size or $24 for the travel duo.
Finally, the Sleek blush in Rose Gold. Sleek is a primarily UK based brand, popular in their drugstores or “high streets”.
- Color Description: Just as the name suggests, the color is a rose gold shade. This shade is more pink and cool toned than Nars Orgasm with much more gold shimmer. 4/5
- Formula/Finish: Also shimmery finish, this blush adds a glisten to the cheeks. The texture is relatively smooth and not chalky. 3.5/5
- Color Payoff/Pigmentation: The pigmentation of this blush is phenomenal. It swatches just as well as Orgasm. 4/5
- Longevity: Rose Gold lasts a good 4-5 hours throughout the day. 3.5/5
- Packaging: As the brand suggests, this product is super sleek and great for travel. It has a good quality mirror in the lid and is nice and compact. 4.5
- Rose Gold only costs $6.99!
- There is .27 oz of product in the pan, a generous amount.
- The product is not tested on animals.
- Unfortunately, this product contains talc, for those of you with talc allergies or concerned about potential links to carcinogens.
- There are also no retailers, that I can find, in the USA that stock Sleek cosmetics, so you would have to order online.
- Shipping rates apply to all orders over $80, however, the fee is not too much.
General Consensus: These blushes are just about equal! There are subtle pros and cons to each, but ultimately, it will come down to your own personal budget and what you would like to splurge on. The colors are close enough to each other, that you would only need either or, so I would suggest only adding one to your collection. Good luck!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this week’s post! All my love, Megan —
Connect with me!