Hello, all! Happy Hump Day to you. Last week’s wishlist I touched on my spring beauty picks, which were mostly high end products. This week I decided to do a drugstore equivalent and feature some things at the drugstore that are relatively new and have caught my eye recently. So, without further ado, here are my spring drugstore picks!
- L’Oreal Magic Light Infusing Primer– I’ve heard some great things about this product and how it brings a wonderful glow to the face. Having oily skin, however, I think this would work better as a luminizer than a primer for me. Nonetheless, I find this product to be intriguing compared to other liquid luminizers like the popular Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. ($9.79)
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray– L’Oreal has really been stepping up their game to compete with big name brands recently. I featured this product in last Sunday’s post on Face Makeup 101, as it is comparable to the Urban Decay setting sprays. It’s a tad pricey for a drugstore product, however it is about half the cost of an Urban Decay spray. ($14)
- Maybelline The Brights Eyeshadow Palette– Alright, so I know I’ve griped plenty about wanting more color eyeshadow palettes recently so I figured instead of complaining more, I’d just throw this out there. This palette caught my eye because even at the drugstore I can’t escape the nudes palette trend. L’Oreal has released their hyped up La Nudes 1 & 2 (like I said, killing it L’Oreal!) and this very palette even has it’s own neutral equivalent. Nonetheless, Maybelline’s Color Tattoos have great pigmentation, so I would be willing to give this unique palette a go. ($10)
- St. Ives Pink Lemonade + Mandarin Facial Scrub– In last week’s installment on Skincare 101, I touched quickly on physical exfoliants and the harm of microbeads. A quick recap, recently, studies have revealed that microbeads have done some serious ecological damage and that they are most commonly found in facial scrubs and toothpastes. So, I wanted to reevaluate some of my own products and make sure they passed the bar over on beatthemicrobead.org. Luckily, I found that my current St. Ive’s Apricot Scrub is doing it’s part and steering clear from the harmful microplastics, and would love to try out this new Evening & Brightening formula. The citrus scent would also be a pleasant addition and perfect for the warmer weather ahead. ($4.60)
- Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam– Ingrid from Missglamorazzi on Youtube has given her seal of approval to this product, so naturally, my attention had been intrigued. Ever since she cut her hair to her short/mid-length lob, her hairstyle has been #hairgoals for me. I love her casual waves and would love to see if this product does the same for me.
Alrighty, that’s it for this week. Sorry it’s a quickie but finals are approaching (not soon enough!) and I have tons to do before the quarter ends. Leave me a comment below what products you’ve been eyeing for this spring or summer in a comment below.
All my love,