Hey there! Welcome back! So as you’ve probably noticed there has been a few different things happening around the blog. First off, there’s been a slight lack of Wednesday posts, but that’s mostly because it’s summer vacation and I’ve just been trying to enjoy it while I can. Besides that, you’ll probably also have noticed that the blog has gotten a bit of a facelift and I’ve added a few new shiny badges to the sidebar. Over this past month, while I haven’t been writing posts on Wednesday, I’ve been working with a few blogging networks to start bringing you some new content and this is my first post! This week through Influenster I’m proud to announce my work on their Sally Hansen Campaign!
Now, I know what you’re thinking, and I want to make it clear to you right now that I solemnly swear to never sell out and promote anything that I don’t believe in. I know that there is a large stigma around beauty bloggers, and the online community in general, that people do this for the fame and the fortune and work and collaborate with brands in order to get ahead. I can’t speak for everyone, but as for me personally, I am nowhere near famous and I’m hardly bringing in a fortune. Those are not my goals. When I started this blog I started it for me. It’s why it’s called The Chronicles of Megan and why my tagline is “Documenting life one day at a time.” In my interview for College Fashionista, I made a statement saying that I started this blog as a way to record where I am, right now in life. It’s also in my About Me page. So please believe me when I say that makeup and beauty is a huge part of my life right now and so is this blog. I love being able to bring you guys content, but it does come at a price. Collaborating with brands and networks allows me to keep doing what I do for all of the crazy and amazing people who have been following me on this journey so far. However, like I said before, I promise that I will always be 100% honest when it comes to these types of posts, and all of my posts in general. Everything I write I genuinely believe.
Alrighty, now that we’ve got that out of the way, here’s the good stuff. For this campaign, I wanted to show you how to get some sexy summer legs, as you can tell by the title, using the Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Makeup.
Summer is almost at it’s end, which makes me super sad, so why not show off your legs while you still can? And why not show them off at their best? This week, I’ve got five easy steps to dress up your legs for any occasion. Late summer weddings, a night out, or an afternoon of fun in the sun (like I’m prepping for today), this little extra pampering will give you a glowy look in no time at all! Let’s get started!
- Start by exfoliating your legs. You can do this in the shower before you get ready or you can do it really quickly before you get dressed. I’m using this Lavender Sugar scrub that I bought at a local craft fair. I forgot the name of the seller’s Etsy shop, though, so apologies! You can really use any scrub that you prefer, though, or even make your own version using a 2:1 ratio of sugar to olive oil and a few drops of lavender oil if you want to recreate this very scrub.
- Remove any unwanted hair to your liking. Normally, I shave but I just picked up this new Hot Legs Peel-Off stripless wax on sale recently and have been loving it. It’s perfect for any waxing needs you have, even quick spot treatments like this. Dry shaving really irritates my skin and the object of this post is to be quick so taking a full shower isn’t an option. This wax warms in the microwave for a few minutes. You can pop it in and let it cool while you are doing the first step and it should be ready to go when you’re finished.
- For the star of the show, apply the Sally Hansen Perfect Legs Airbrush Makeup. This formula is water resistant and is meant to act as a bit of a tinted moisturizer of sorts for your legs. It evens out their complexion while adding a bit of color to give an airbrush look. The effect is glowy, tan beautiful legs. The best way to apply is to spray into your hand and massage into the skin. I’m using the shade Medium Glow, which is a bit too close to my natural tan color, but would be nice for me in the winter. However, it does give me a nice evened out look.
- Using my EcoTools Face and Body Sculpting brush, which I also picked up on sale recently, I’m just dusting a bit of highlighter onto the my shins for that extra glowy look. This step is optional, but if you want to add a bit of shimmer, this is great way to do so. I’m using my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light which is a bit of a diffused bronzey shade and good for an all over glow. However, if you really want a J. Lo effect, try using the new Jaclyn Hill and Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop highlighter.
- Finally, if you so please, add a bit of bling with some of those ever popular metallic temporary tattoos. These are just from a craft store and the brand is Yasi, but you can get them all over including at Sephora or Target. If you’re going to a long event such as a wedding, try maybe the popular Flash Tattoos which are more likely to last longer as they are better quality.
There you have it! Perfect Legs! If you would like to try the Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg Makeup or any product of the Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg line, I have a $2 off coupon for my readers which you can find here. Also, if you are interested in joining a beauty community, even if you aren’t a blogger, Influenster is a great network! Their site has reviews on plenty of products ranging from beauty to lifestyle written by their users who range from your everyday beauty babe or bigger bloggers. You can earn badges and if you’re a blogger, samples and your own campaigns by participating. If you are interested in joining the fun, use this link to sign up and connect to your Facebook to share with your friends or even followers!
That’s it for this week! Thanks for giving this a read and I’ll catch you soon!
All my love,