Hello my beautiful friends! A warm welcome back to all of my old and new readers! Once again, I apologize that my posting schedule has been way out of whack, but I have a ton of content to catch up on in a short amount of time, so bear with me. I’m trying to post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays when I can to make up for the lack of posts that I had planned, but we’ll see how that goes.
Anyway, as promised here is the much anticipated second installment of my Zodiac Lookbook! (Check out Part I here) Again, I’m sorry it’s late but it’s finally here!
This round we’re covering Aries (hey-o any fellow Aries out there?!), Taurus and Gemini. Since it’s been a hot minute, I’ll go ahead and give a brief overview of how this series works.
Instead of my seasonal installments of lookbooks, this year I’ve decided to base them on the Astrological signs. Using astrology.com and a lot of Googling, I picked out some key traits and color palettes symbolic of each sign to go along with each look. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
First up, I have all of the base products which I used to create the canvas for each of these looks. These products were used in each look and I simply changed the eyeshadow, colored eyeliner, blush, highlight, and lip color.
- Lancôme LA BASE PRO Perfecting Makeup Primer– Face primer
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation – Foundation mixed with KVD
- Kat Von D Lock It Foundation– Foundation mixed with Revlon Colorstay
- Collection Concealer– Under eye concealer
- Tarte Smooth Operator translucent powder– All over setting powder
- Maybelline Master Fix Translucent Loose Powder– Powder for Baking
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (waterproof)- Top & bottom mascara
- Urban Decay Primer Potion– Eyelid primer
- Anastasia Contour Kit Light-Medium– Contour (Java & Fawn)
- Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soliel– Bronzer
- Anastasia Brow Definer in Dark Brown -Brow Pencil
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel– Brow gel
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper– Upper lashline liner
Look 1: Aries
Aries: The Ram; March 21- April 19
Traits: Independent, Enthusiastic, Moody, Impulsive, Loyal
Element: Fire (Cardinal)
Aries is the first sign and the cardinal fire sign, basically meaning that Aries is in charge and a natural leader. For this, I included lots of gold tones to represent their bright personality, and number one position. Aries is also a fire sign so I used plenty of warm tones to play off of their fiery personality. I kept the eyes hazy and well blended to give a smoldering effect. To play off of Aries’ boldness, I did a bright red matte lip and strong graphic liner, outlined in gold. The Aries description pretty much fits my personality to a T and I strongly identify with the Aries traits, so I was pretty much feelin’ myself in this look.
- Lid- Mixture of Makeup Geek Foiled Shadows in “Fortune Teller” & “Starry Eyed“
- Crease Blending- Tartelette 2 palette “Sweetheart”
- Crease- Tartelette 2 palette “Rebel”
- Outer Corner- Tartelette 2 palette “Leader”
- Lower Lashline- NYX Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette “Coral”
- Makeup Revolution Palette in Sugar and Spice Coral Shade
- Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (mine shattered and this is my pathetic attempt at salvaging it)
- Urban Decay Naked 2 palette “Half Baked” (not pictured)
Look 2: Taurus
Taurus: The Bull; April 20 – May 20
Traits: Dependable, Generous, Materialistic/Self-Indulging
From my understanding, Tauruses’ appreciation for material goods can be connected to royalty, and even Queen Elizabeth II herself is a Taurus. It is also why I paired this look with a tiara-esque headband. Purple is a color often associated with royalty, so I based this look off of this color. I feel like this also makes sense since my sister is a Taurus and purple is her favorite color. I created a strong angular shaped eye look to inspire a commanding presence and used plenty of metallics to go along with the material possessions Taurus indulges in. Taurus is an Earth sign, so they enjoy being grounded and having a solid foundation. I stayed within the color palette of all purples to keep things from getting too crazy, and added the liner accent under the wing to keep things straightforward.
- Lid- Makeup Geek Foiled Shadows in “Day Dreamer“
- Crease Blending- Stila Eyes Are the Window to the Mind palette “Tanzanite”
- Crease- Makeup Geek Foiled Shadows in “Masquerade“
- Outer Corner- Stila Eyes Are the Window to the Mind palette “Midnight Quartz”
- Highlight (inner corner, browbone, center of lips)- Makeup Geek Foiled Shadows in “Whimsical“
- Makeup Revolution Palette in Sugar and Spice Mauve Shade
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam palette “Crushed Pearl”
Look 3: Gemini
Gemini: The Twins; May 21 – Jun 20
Traits: Energetic, Imaginative, Devious
Gemini have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, so I used a bright color palette to reflect that. Gemini are represented by twins so I symbolized that with a double winged liner and threw my hair into two braids for good measure. Gemini are also loud mouth and love to talk, so I emphasized the lips with a very generous highlight. This look didn’t go exactly as planned from my Pinterest reference photo, but we’re rolling with it.
- Inner Third- Tartelette palette “Super Mom”
- Lid- NYX Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette “Yellow”
- Crease- NYX Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette “Goldenrod”
- Lower Lashline- Tartelette palette “Fashionista”
Accent Liner (lower):
- Makeup Revolution Palette in Sugar and Spice Pink Shade
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam palette “Starburst”
- Makeup Geek Foiled Shadow “In the Spotlight” (lips)
Alrighty, that’s a wrap on this lookbook! I hope this inspired you to play a little more with color and symbolism in your makeup. Let me know what you think of your astrological sign and if it fits you in a comment below! Personally, everything about Aries speaks to me, but I take it all with a grain of salt.
If you recreate a look, be sure to tag me using my social media links down below! Have a fabulous week & stay tuned for more content later this week!
All my love,
Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || YouTube || Pinterest || Etsy || Bloglovin’ || Google+
4 Replies to “Lookbook: Zodiac Part II”
I love your horiscope makeup look which are pretty and bold! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Ursula! So glad you enjoyed 🙂
You always have such creative ideas, Megan! I’m so impressed with your blog. I’m an Aries, so of course, I love that bold red lip look best, but all three are terrific!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much Allison! Hooray a fellow Aries! ❤️