Hello my loves, can you believe it’s already almost June?! I know I say this every time, but time sure seems to be flying by. This year is already almost halfway gone and I honestly just feel like my existence is the equivalent of the wide grin emoji. You know, this one: 😬 ? Basically, I’m just winging it. All of it, everything.
There’s so much to do, and never enough time and my life has changed in so many great ways that I never expected. I love keeping busy and trying new things, one of them being filming videos and starting being more present on YouTube. So, this round of favorites I thought I’d try filming them to get into the swing of creating videos more frequently.
I only filmed my beauty favorites here and I’ll link all the products I talked about below. For my lifestyle favorites, just keep reading!
Beauty Favorites Spring 2016 Video:
- It Cosmetics CC+ Cream
- Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer
- Bite Beauty The Amuse Bouche Lipsticks
- Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soliel Bronzer
- Maybelline Master Fix Powder
- Nip + Fab Dragons Blood Cleansing Pads
- Pixi Glow Tonic
- LUSH Grease Lightning spot treatment
- Valentia Royal Rose Serum
- 35% off using: REFRESH35 (not an affiliate link)
- Fashion Favorites- As the weather has been warming up, I’ve had a preference for something breezy and comfortable but still cute to wear. Impossible? Nope. Meet the t-shirt dress! It’s literally a glorified sleeping shirt and is the absolute best thing ever. This one is from Target but I have another from H&M that I adore. I love that it is so simple and easy to dress up or down, depending on the accessories. It’s also already it’s own outfit so you don’t have to worry about matching anything, just throw it on and you’re ready to go!
- Favorite TV Shows-
I haven’t had the chance to start many new TV shows, I’ve mostly been keeping up with the ones I’m currently watching. The Flash and Jane the Virgin have just wrapped their seasons which I’ve been following and I caught up on Bob’s Burgers and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. The only new show I started was Fuller House. I used to watch the original show in the 90s all the time as a kid so this was pretty nostalgic. Admittedly, it’s quite cheesy but heartwarming. If you’re looking for something to bring back the feels try this Netflix exclusive. Another Netflix exclusive I liked, but gets an honorable mention because I didn’t love, is Master of None. This modern comedy is by Aziz Ansari, a favorite comedian of mine from Parks & Rec, tackles some contemporary issues.
- Favorite Music- I’ve discovered so much new music these past few months that I’m super excited about.
“Bright” by Kehlani– I LOVE this slower, laid back song that is full of a body positive message! It is so refreshing to hear such an accepting message that speaks about body positivity for both women and men!
- “Be As You Are” by Mike Posner-Not typically my style of music, but I love the message of this song. In a world that it always saying you can be better and you need to improve yourself, it’s really nice to hear that it’s ok to be YOU.
- “Beat of My Drum” by POWERS– I think I found this song in a Claire Marshall video but either way I’ve had this on repeat nonstop. What I love most is the tempo of this song. It’s so upbeat and it really just makes me want to jump up and get going!
- “Boyfriend Jeans” by Grace– This is a soulful breakup song but it’s just so mellow that it gives me good vibes.
- Some honorable mentions- “Rock Bottom” by Hailee Steinfeld ft. DNCE, “Toothbrush” by DNCE, “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake & “Lost Boy” by Ruth B.
- Albums- I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it by The 1975 & Oh Wonder by Oh Wonder
- Playlist- Young & Free by Spotify
- Favorite Moment- Writing and sharing my Power of Makeup post. It’s a message that I really want to share with more people and those who I’ve gotten to share it with already, have
- Favorite YouTube Channel- Another shameless plug, but since I’ve just started my channel I would love it if you could support me and subscribe!
I hope you enjoyed this new style of Favorites. Leave me any feedback or let me know what you’ve been loving in a comment! Don’t forget to follow me on social using the links below… I’m a few followers away from 1k on Instagram and I’ll be doing a giveaway once I hit that goal so go follow to get it started!
All my love,