Hello Lovely Internet Friends!
Fall may be in full swing out there for some of you, but out here in California it’s basically still that transitional period between summer and autumn weather. This weather is the kind that keeps my combination skin in flux, much like the changing seasons, which means proper skincare is an absolute must.
Part of that skincare routine lately has been the Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer which I was lucky enough to test out through BrandBacker. (General Disclaimer). It claims to:
– Lighten dark spots
– Restore skin radiance
– Even skin tone
– Diminish fine lines
– Provide all-day hydration
Here is my take on it:
- Formula- This is a creamy and lightweight formula that is not greasy. It is your typical lotion-y like moisturizer texture. 4/5
- Ingredients– As always, Valentia packs their products with nourishing and natural botanical ingredients. 5/5 The key ingredients are as follows:
- Botanical Hyaluronic Acid: This plant based substance penetrated deep into the skin to secure moisture, support skin elasticity, and plump the skin from within.
- Kojic Acid: Known for its skin-lightening properties, this antioxidant helps to naturally control melanin production and prevent dark spots.
- Ginseng: A symbol of long-life, strength, and wisdom, Ginseng boosts skin-firming collagen, fights wrinkles, and gives the skin a brighter and more energized look.
- Safflower Oil: Rich in linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that helps to repair the skin’s natural moisture barrier, providing superior protection.
- Shea Butter: This wonder nut contains a myriad of regenerative vitamins and essential fatty acids, providing a welcome dose of moisture, hydrating and nourishing the skin.
- Full Ingredient List: Deionized Aqua (Water), Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Globularia Cordifolia Callus Culture Extract (plant stem cells), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Algae Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Cell Culture Extract (wakame bioferment), Organic Rosa Canina (Rosehip Seed Oil), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Wildcrafted Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry Seed Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry), Organic Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry Extract), Rubus Ideaus (Raspberry Seed Oil), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose Oil), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Wildcrafted Ganoderma Lucidum (Kojic Acid), Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot Essential Oil), Melissa Officinalis (Melissa Essential Oil), Wildcrafted Salix Lucida (Willow Bark/Salicylic Acid), Organic Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice), Wildcrafted Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm), Wildcrafted Panax Quinquefolius (Ginseng), Organic Pimpinella Anisum (Anise), Organic Armoracia Rusticana (Horseradish), Organic Schisandra Chinensis (Schisandra), Organic Joeniculum Vulgare (Fennel), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Wildcrafted Ginkgo Biloba, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Wildcrafted Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle), Organic Salvia Officinalis (Sage Extract), Organic Schisandra Chinensis (Schisandra), Organic Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme Extract), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Organic Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola), Wildcrafted Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Wildcrafted Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion), and Wildcrafted Geranium Maculatum (Wild Geranium), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid.
- Scent– A mild botanical smell, probably due to the ingredient content though and not added fragrance. 4/5
- Packaging– In the same signature Valentia packaging, this comes in a dark glass bottle with a pump to dispense the product. The dark glass keeps the hyaluronic acid from being chemically altered by the light and the pump ensures that the product is not exposed to contamination. 4.5/5
- Effectiveness– The key claims of this product is to provide moisture to the face and brightness to the complexion. As far as that goes, this product provides a fair amount of moisture, keeping the skin balanced, but not too greasy. However, it is not completely nourishing either, so I would recommend this more for oily to normal skin types. If you are dry in any way, this will not be for you. That said, it provides me with all day moisture like it claims, but I don’t believe it will for those with dry or mature skin. After a few weeks of use, I did notice that there is a natural radiance to my complexion and I never wake up looking dull or tired. However, I haven’t noticed any diminishing of my dark spots all that much and I believe that their Even Glow Serum does a much better job at this (not a plug, my honest opinon). As for reducing wrinkles, I don’t have any wrinkles so I can’t really comment. 3/5
- Made with natural and/or organic ingredients, Vegan friendly, Cruelty free
- Made in the USA
- There are 4 oz. of product in here which is a TON. The website claims this is a 4-6 month supply. In comparison, the last moisturizer I used was the Neutrogena HydroBoost which only contained 1.7 oz.
- I love the glass packaging and pump!
- This is a mid-range priced product, however I believe the $25 price tag is justifiable. The packaging is high quality, the ingredient content is phenomenal, and there is a good amount of product in here. In comparison, the Neutrogena is $17-$18 for 1/4 of the amount that this has. You absolutely get your money’s worth.
- Although brightening, this doesn’t reduce dark spots all that much. Perhaps, very very gradually over time, but nothing as immediate and potent as a serum.
- The website claims that this is suitable for all skin types, which I find to be somewhat true. While it can be used on all skin types, I don’t think it is hydrating enough for dry skin to be all that effective for this particular skin type. However, if you are oily to normal this will suit you fine.
This is a nice daily moisturizer for oily, combo, and normal skin. It has amazing ingredients that are ethically sourced and beneficial to the skin. It provides a subtle radiance and banishes dullness while leaving the skin soft and not greasy. 4/5
I hope you found this review helpful and if you are interested in checking out this product you can buy it on Amazon or the Valentia website! If you are interested in some of Valentia’s other skincare, I also have reviews on their Royal Rose Serum and Even Glow Vitamin C Serums that you can take a peek at. Also don’t forget to check out Valentia on Instagram or Facebook, and always my links to follow will be listed below!
All my love,
These products were sent to me to review by Brandbacker and follows all FTC guidelines.