Have you guys heard of all the controversy surrounding the 13th Zodiac Sign? To be honest, I feel like Ophiuchus isn’t much of a sign and more like just another constellation, but to each their own. However, with all of the talk, I was reminded about this series that I forgot to put up during my hiatus.
I’ve been debating for awhile whether or not this installment was ever going to come, which is why Part III of this series is coming at you a little late and a little more haphazardly than I had hoped for. Nonetheless, I figured it was better to continue the series rather than leave a big gap, so here we are with a last minute lookbook for the summer signs.
As always, here is the collection of products I used to create the foundation of each look.
- Cover FX Mattifying primer with Anti Acne treatment
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation
- Anastasia Contour Kit Light-Medium (Java & Fawn)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil
- Pixi Brow Duo (gel side only)
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Maybelline Master Fix Translucent Loose Powder (Powder for Baking)
- Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soliel (Bronzer)
- Too Faced Primed and Poreless pressed powder
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Makeup Forever Smokey Lash (Bottom Lash Mascara)
- Lashes-12-10 mm Synthetic Extensions
Look 1: Cancer
Cancer: The Crab; June 21-July 22
Traits: Tenacious, Imaginative, Sympathetic, Moody, Insecure
Cancers are known to be emotional, which is why I included many grey tones to indicate their changing moods. Their zodiac colors are orange and white so I included a pop of orange on the lower lashline and on the liner and a white and silver highlight in the inner corner. I finished with a silver lip to represent Cancers’ whimsy and connection to steely waters.
- Lid- Cream base color
- Crease- Matte taupe grey
- Outer Corner- Dark ashy brown
- Lower Lashline- MUG Foiled Shadow in “Flamethrower”
- Inner Corner- MUG Foiled Shadow in “Highwire” (not pictured)
Blush: Makeup Revolution Palette in Sugar and Spice Mauve Shade
Highlighter: Anastasia Beverly Hills “Starburst”
Look 2: Leo
Leo: The Lion; July 23-August 22
Traits: Warm-hearted, Passionate, Humorous, Arrogant, Lazy
To symbolize the Lion, I made a cat eye shape with my eye makeup and added some fake freckles. Leo is a fire sign so I used plenty of warm colors, including this bright orange lip.
- Lid- Mustard Yellow
- Crease- Coral
- Outer Corner- Burnt Orange
- Inner Corner- Canary Yellow
Blush: Makeup Revolution Palette in Sugar and Spice Coral Shade
Highlighter: Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (mine shattered… again)
Lips: Colourpop Lippie Stix in “Jenneration X” (Limited Edition)
Look 3: Virgo
Virgo: The Virgin; August 23- September 23
Traits: Kind, Hardworking, Practical, Shy, Worrier, All work and No Play
Although described as a virgin, Virgo is understood as more of a Madonna/maiden/motherly figure. Virgos are Earth signs and deeply connected to Mother Earth, so I used plenty of greens. However, to nod to the virgin form, I did a white lip which symbolizes more of an emotional innocence.
- Lid- Chartreuse
- Crease- Forest Green
- Outer Corner- MUG Foiled Shadow in “Jester”
- Inner Corner- MUG Foiled Shadow in “Fortune Teller” & NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in “Prim”
Highlighter: Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder in “Audrey”
Alrighty, I hope you got some inspiration from this installment. Are any of these your signs? Let me know in a comment below!
All my love,