The Juvabrite Skin Brightening Complex by Solvaderm is a lightweight serum that is targeted for skin lightening and treating discoloration and uneven pigmentation in the skin. What really drew me to this product is that it could be used for both fading blemishes and dark spots “caused by sun exposure, acne, pregnancy or oral contraceptives” since I suffer from both acne and hyper-pigmentation. Here’s my thoughts on the product:
- Formula- This is a lightweight clear gel formula. Juvebrite is one of the most lightweight gels I’ve ever tried. It absorbs into the skin almost immediately. Solvaderm claims that you can wear this serum under your makeup and I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. It has a very silky and luxurious texture while being worked into the skin. I love the feeling of this! 5/5
- Ingredients- The most active ingredients are Hyaluronic Acid and Seaweed Extract. Hyaluronic Acid is a super skincare ingredient if you recall my OZ Naturals Retinol Serum review. In short, Hyaluronic Acid is great for skin hydration and elasticity. Juvebrite also contains a slew of beneficial extracts from more natural sources including Saxifraga stolonifera, Grape, Morus Bombycis Root, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root, Mallow, Peppermint, Primula, Lady’s Mantle. Speedwell Herb, Balm Mint, and Yarrow. Basically, a lot of complicated plants. The only ingredient that triggered a red flag are the last two on the list- the preservatives. Particularly, Phenoxyethanol which is a moderate hazard according to the ewg database. However, it is all the way at the bottom of the ingredient list, so I don’t believe it to be too dangerous. The other concern I have is that the third ingredient on the list is Purified Water. I’m a little disappointed that there is such a high water content in this for it being a luxury priced product. Overall, though most of the ingredients are of phenomenal quality. (16/17 ingredients listed here) 4/5
- Scent- There is a very faint botanical scent to this product but nothing overwhelming or overly fragrant. I find that the scent doesn’t tend to linger either. 4/5
- Packaging- The packaging of these products is STUNNING. The label is a nice minimalistic design and the bottle itself is the real work of art. The bottle is a nice quality plastic that is double paned. The pump is a lovely metal button on top of the bottle that is flush to the packaging. I love displaying this by my skin. However, it’s not only pretty but also functional. It is airtight to prevent any contamination or disruption of the chemical makeup of the Hyaluronic Acid. The pump also dispenses the right amount of product, just enough. Another fun bonus, they include an expiration date on the bottom which most cosmetics never do. It’s very convenient! 5/5
- Effectiveness- Solvaderm claims that results can start to appear after 2 weeks and come into full after 12 weeks of consistent use. After 2 weeks of using Juvabrite, I’ve seen a small difference. I’ve seen a reduction in the amount of hyper-pigmentation I have, but mostly I’ve seen an improvement in the radiance of my skin. Maybe I will do a 12 week check in in the future to see the full effect. For now, though, my main concern is this crazy breakout I’ve been experiencing for weeks now. Additions in my skincare routine have helped keep inflammation down, but I’m still working on prevention. Juvabrute has really helped prevent any further acne scarring from this breakout, though. 3.5/5
- The quality of ingredients is wonderful. I’m very pleased to not find any harsh chemicals contained in Juvabrite.
- Juvabrite is No-Hydroquinone, meaning that it doesn’t contain the skin lightening ingredient Hydroquinone which has recently been found by the FDA to have serious side-effects after long term use.
- The texture and packaging are what really makes this product feel so luxurious!
- Juvabrite is priced at $69.99 for 1 fl. oz. of product. This is certainly very pricey and I don’t think I would purchase at this price out of pocket, however I still haven’t seen the full effects yet. On the other hand, many luxury products with less natural ingredients are in the same price point.
Conclusion: Overall I really enjoy the Juvabrite Skin Brightening Complex and the effects it has so far. It has helped prevent a lot of the acne scarring from the current breakout I’m going through I’ve found. I do think that this is pricey, but not particularly over-priced. My one key gripe with this is that it has a high water content for the price you are paying. I love the luxury feeling I get from using this and from this point forward I will probably be liberal in my use with this product so that I can keep it around for as long as possible. I recommend this product for anyone suffering from hyper pigmentation and dark spots, age and skin type isn’t much of a factor here. It really comes down to the complexion of your skin. This would also be great if you have very dull skin and peels haven’t work for you. Overall, if you are interested and lower end products haven’t done the trick Juvebrite is the product for you. 4.5/5
To purchase click here:
That’s it for this review! If you would like to see the sister review on the Solvaderm Eyevage eye cream, click here.
I hope you found this review helpful. Let me know what skincare you’ve been loving in the comments below or on social media using the following links!
All my love,
This post is powered by BrandBacker and follows all FTC guidelines.