Before I got really into skincare I was convinced that serums were a scam and just another thing that companies were trying to get you to throw money at. While there’s a bit of truth to that (I mean, all companies are trying to sell product in the end, right?), in my experience I’ve found that serums actually do tend to make a difference— if you get the right ones. When I had the opportunity to test out this Valentia one with the help from Brandbacker, I really wanted to see if this was truly one of those game changers (Disclaimer here).
Serums tend to have a concentrated amount of beneficial ingredients, making them super potent. The Valentia Royal Rose Serum claims to “boost moisture and resilience while soothing and calming the skin.” Some other claimed effects include:
- Deeply moisturize skin
- Provide antioxidant protection
- Soothe & nourish dry skin
- Smooth skin tone & texture
- Boost skin radiance
Here’s my results:
- Formula- This is a lightweight, white creamy gel texture. 4/5
- Ingredients- I’m extremely impressed with the quality of natural ingredients in this product! Most of the ingredients are either a plant extract or vitamin that I easily recognize, save for the last two ingredients (one of which I recognize as a moderate risk preservative according to ewg). Since these are ingredients are listed last, they have the lowest content in the overall product and do not pose as a high risk. 5/5 The key ingredients are as follows (descriptions taken from the packaging):
- Rose Damascena: One of the most nourishing and skin friendly natural oils, providing balance, moisture, and a variety of vitamins and minerals to the skin.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B): This potent vitamin has been clinically proven to fade away hyperpigmentation, sun spots, and acne.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamins C & A, these essential fatty acids work quickly to lock in skin’s moisture.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Provides light, non-oily moisture to the skin, never clogging or irritating the skin.
- Bearberry: Reduces melanin production, thereby lightening the skin, revealing a brighter complexion.
- Lavender: Heals the skin, treating pimples, wounds, and sores.
- Scent- When I first got this product it distinctly smelt of fresh cut roses, nothing artificial or overwhelmingly floral. However, the scent has almost “aged” or changed somehow and it is now more of a botanical and minerally scent with a hint of floral. 3.5/5
- Packaging- This is a wonderful dark glass bottle with a pump— everything I could ever want! The glass ensures that no plastic particles contaminate the product overtime and is eco-friendly! The pump is handy as it keeps everything sanitary, and the dark glass ensures that light does not alter the chemical makeup of the product. It feels luxurious, without being excessive or wasteful. 5/5
- Effectiveness- So far, this has been working for me extremely well, for my multiple skin ailments. The Bearberry and Vitamin B reduce my hyperpigmentation. The Vitamin B also aids in healing my acne along with the Lavender, and the rest of the ingredients are amazing at moisturizing the skin and providing nourishment. I think I might even like this better than my OZ Naturals Retinol serum, as it takes care of all the same things but also provides moisture and is great for sensitive skin, while retinol can be more drying. I’d give it a full 5 stars, but I have only been using it for a couple weeks and don’t want to jump the gun. 4.5/5
- According to the website, the Royal Rose Serum is Cruelty Free, Made in the USA, and is Made Using Sustainable Energy.
- Alcohol and Paraben free.
- Serves multiple purposes, is great for sensitive skin, and actually works!
- The ingredients are 98% natural, Vegan friendly/ plant based, and/or organic.
- The packaging is great and houses a little over one ounce of product, for not that bad of a price. ($35 for 1.18 fl. oz. / 35 ml)
- The only con, is that the smell has altered a bit which I guess happens with natural products since there are less preservatives. Nonetheless, it has gone from smelling really pleasant to kind of just ehhh.
Conclusion: This really is one of those serums that truly makes a difference! My skin is clearer, brighter, and smoother! It’s not that expensive, the ingredients are outstanding, the packaging is nice, and the pros I listed are great! I would highly recommend, especially since it works for most skin types including sensitive! 4.5/5
If you are interested in trying this product for yourself you can get 20% off using the code: RQ3KBP5V (expires in one month) or on Amazon. You can also check out more of Valentia’s products on their website here! Their namesake actually comes from the Roman goddess of healing who similarly used natural ingredients for healing purposes, as the company does in their skincare!
Thanks for giving this a read. I know I’ve been doing a fair amount of sponsored content recently, but I hope you’ve been at least finding these reviews helpful! I promise once my No-Buy ends at the end of the month, some more creative content will be coming your way! Until then—
All my love,
This post is powered by BrandBacker and follows all FTC guidelines.