I’m back with another review. I’m sorry to have had review posts back-to-back, but I’m doing my best to get the ball rolling on content again and I promise some variety will come shortly.
Anyways, life has been nothing but busy and stressful, in both the best and worst ways, lately (see last post for all the details). With that stress unfortunately also comes the stress acne and I’ve been using the Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum sample I received from Brandbacker to combat those little buggers.
On top of that, this serum also claims to:
- Diminishes wrinkles
- Stimulates collagen
- Improves skin tone
- Conditions skin
Keep on reading for the detailed results!
Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum
- Formula– This is a milky white, liquidy serum. I was surprised as the last retinol serum I used was more of a thicker jelly like consistency, however I don’t think the texture of the formula makes that much of a difference in terms of how effective the product ends up being. 4/5
- Ingredients– As always, the ingredient content in Valentia products impresses me and this serum is no exception. There is an abundance of natural, organic, and plant based ingredients that treat the skin well. 5/5 The key ingredients include:
- Retinol (Vitamin A)– Delivers a potent dose of antioxidants that works at the cellular level to stop wrinkles, manage breakouts, and even out skin discoloration.
- Vitamin C– Prevents premature aging by guarding against free radicals in the environment and also has brightening properties.
- Vitamin E– A favorite vitamin for the skin, Vitamin E adds moisture and helps counteract the drying effect of retinol.
- Squalene– An effective hydrating ingredient used to condition the skin.
- Full Ingredient List– Deionized Aqua (Water), Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Olive Oil Squalene, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate (sunflower based Vitamin E), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Organic Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola), Wildcrafted Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Wildcrafted Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion), Wildcrafted Geranium Maculatum (Wild Geranium), Pentylene Glycol, Phospholipids, Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol.
- Scent– There is no added fragrance and the combined ingredients have no strong or lingering odor, from what I can tell. 5/5
- Packaging– This serum comes in a lovely glass bottle, made with dark glass. This is important since it keeps the light from altering the chemical makeup of the ingredients. The dispense system uses a dropper so you can easily control how much product is being used. You only need a little, so the dropper is key to not overdoing it and irritating your skin. 4.5/5
- Effectiveness– This serum truly makes a difference in my skincare routine! Spots dry out within 1-2 days, my complexion is significantly clearer and brighter, and my skin is left feeling plump. I went a week without using this, and noticed a dramatic difference with an increase in splotches and pimples 😕. I definitely won’t be skipping this step anymore! 5/5
- This product is made with natural and organic ingredients, is vegan friendly, cruelty free, and made in the USA!
- Paraben free
- There is 1.18 fl. oz. (35 ml.) of product in this bottle, a little more than the average 1 fl. oz. According to Valentia’s website, this is about a 3-5 month supply.
- The price of this product is $35. It is by no means the cheapest, but it is definitely worth it if you are willing to invest in skincare. With the amount of quality ingredients that the Retinol Serum contains, it is actually quite affordable if you break it down. Skincare can get pricey, but this is a nice middle to low range pricepoint that won’t break the bank and will give you results!
- Only a caution, not so much a con: be wary if you are a first time retinol user. Retinol is a powerful ingredient that you slowly want to incorporate into your skincare routine, to not overwhelm and irritate your skin. Be careful! I will say, however, that this particular formula has some hydrating properties built in that help to alleviate the dryness that retinol can bring so if you are a beginner with retinol, this is a good place to start. Still, always follow up with a good moisturizer and be sure to use sun protection, as your skin cells will turnover quickly and bring new layers of skin to the surface that are vulnerable and sensitive. If you are unsure if you should use a retinol, consult your dermatologist first.
I highly recommend this product! It is everything I could ask for in a retinol serum and makes a huge difference in my routine. My skin is left renewed and always looks clearer in the morning! The Night Revive Retinol serum is a great value, with quality ingredients and I cannot say enough good things about it. 5/5
I hope that this review has helped you learn more about retinol and you found it helpful in your search for skincare! You can purchase the Night Revive Retinol Serum on either Amazon or from valentia.com. To learn more about their other awesome products, check out Valentia on Facebook and Instagram or read up on my other reviews I’ve done on their Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer, Vitamin C Serum, and Royal Rose Serum.
Until next time-
All my love,
Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || YouTube || Pinterest || Etsy || Bloglovin’ || Google+
These products were sent to me to review by Brandbacker and follows all FTC guidelines.
One Reply to “Review: Valentia Night Revive Retinol Serum”