Hello, hello. I’m back with another review! I normally don’t like to publish the same type of post twice in a row, but since I was away in Tahoe last week (catch up on my shenanigans on Instagram), my posting schedule did not go as planned. C’est la vie…
Anyhow, if you recall, I previously wrote a review on their Almond Oil hair care line. Today, I’m sharing my thoughts on their Argan Oil Dry Shampoo sent to me via BrandBacker (disclaimer here). This product is one of five new scents in Hask’s new line and came with this adorable tote. I can’t wait to put it to use as a shopping bag in order to reduce my plastic use, especially since California has been charging for plastic shopping bags in order to encourage reusing bags of your own.
Before we get started, it might be helpful to note the background of my hair. I have straight hair that’s pretty thick but can get coarse and become prone to split ends if not conditioned well, otherwise the texture is pretty soft and silky smooth. I just cut and colored my hair for the first time, so I’m trying to avoid washing everyday to maintain the color, which has proven more difficult than usual lately. I used to be the queen of not washing my hair until necessary, but now that I’ve been sweating it up at the gym 4x a week in this summer heat, I’ve definitely been washing quite frequently.
Dry shampoo, is my go-to for such a dilemma and this particular one is described as such: Infused with an orange citrus scent for long-lasting Oil Absorption. Removing excess oil is now easier than lather, rinse and repeat. Skip a wash or extend the life of your style with this lightweight, argan infused formula that will leave your second day hair even fresher than the first. Ultra-fine rice starch acts quickly to soak up oil, sweat and odor leaving hair revived, bouncy and clean. Saving time has never been this glamorous!
Now, here’s how I felt those claims held up—
Hask Argan Oil Dry Shampoo
- Formula – The formula is definitely lightweight as described and doesn’t leave any traces of residue and whitecast in my roots, which is awesome especially since I have dark hair and this is one of my biggest pet peeves when trying new dry shampoos. Due to the lightweight nature, however, I do feel like I need to apply more than some of my other shampoos to get the same effect. Since it doesn’t really show up, though, using a larger amount doesn’t really bother me. 4/5
- Ingredients – I find the argan oil to be a nice touch, as it leaves the hair soft and touchable, and not crunchy or starchy like some other dry shampoos can. I was worried that this ingredient would make the hair appear more oily, but I haven’t found that to be the case. The rice starch is a nice natural alternative to synthetic powders as an oil absorber. Due to it being an aerosol formula, though, there are some undesirable ingredients. Full ingredient list (in order listed on back of bottle):
- SD alcohol 40-B
- Oryza satvia (rice) starch
- Argan kernel oil
- Disteardimonium hectorite
If you average out the ewg scores for each ingredient, it puts the product at a 3 level which poses as a mild hazard. I would rate the ingredients the same— 3/5.
- Scent – The scent is also as described— a pleasant citrusy smell that is subtle and fades quickly. It is refreshing without being overwhelming. 4/5
- Packaging – The dry shampoo comes in a lightweight, aerosol can with a sleek and matte, but colorful and fun label. Each bottle is colored to match the scent it contains. The label is in the font Papyrus, which as a designer is not my favorite choice but I think works for their branding. The aerosol sprays in a nice fine mist and doesn’t squirt or shoot the product abruptly, thankfully. It is a rather large can, however, and isn’t a great size for traveling or putting in your bag for touchups. 4/5
- Effectiveness – As I mentioned before, I find that I have to apply a lot of product to produce similar results to other dry shampoos. Due to this, I find that this product works best for daily use and maintenance rather than as a savior product that extends to days of not washing. I think you can get by with one day, and two is stretching it; any more and you would end up using the whole can. In terms of workouts, it is effective after a yoga class, but you’ll have to hit the showers after a really sweaty cardio session. However, if you are looking for a heavier duty dry shampoo, I think their Purifying Charcoal formula would be better suited for the task. It’s a formula that I find intriguing, especially since charcoal is a one of my favorite ingredients, and might even pick up to try on my own. The Argan Oil formula, though, can also be used as a really nice texturizing spray to add volume to your style, so it works double duty. 4/5
- Free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten and artificial colors.
- No whitecast or residue!
- This is a drugstore brand that is easily accessible and affordable! Retails at around $8 a bottle.
- Is effective for skipping only 1-2 washes.
- In order to get results, a lot of product is needed to be used.
- The bottle is too large to travel with, and isn’t easy to just chuck in your gym bag.
This dry shampoo is probably best suited for daily use instead of desperate measures. It is nice for styling hair and adding a bit of bounce and shine. I feel that it is versatile and can be used on every hair texture and type. If you’re looking for an everyday or beginner dry shampoo the Hask Argan Oil is a great fit! For heavy duty dry shampoo needs, I suggest trying one of their other formulas. Overall it is a solid 4/5 product.
If you’re interested in trying this product, it is available and Ulta and other drugstores! Also be sure to check out Hask on Instagram.Which of the scents from this line would you try? Leave me a comment below! Until next time —
All my love,
Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || YouTube || Pinterest || Etsy || Bloglovin’ || Google+
This product was sent to me to review by BrandBacker. All opinions are my own and this post follows all FTC guidelines.
2 Replies to “Review: Hask Dry Shampoo”
Looks nice! I use batiste dry shampoo usually! have you used shampoo by HASK? Ive been wanting to but never have yet!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hello blogger, i must say you have very interesting content here.
Your website can go viral. You need initial traffic boost only.
How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go viral